Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Light Flickers

davey!

I changed my oil about 2 weeks ago, then a week after i burned down the motorway to a meeting with a club. I don't use motorways as i dont like the extra wear on the car (sort of ocd) anyway when i was going down the motorway i noticed my oil light flickered, this was the case for days even under normal roads so i changed the pressure switch and it stopped it.

However, recently if i brake on a downhill gradient the oil light flickers but for only as long as i brake, i have also noticed it will flicker at random points when im driving along (thought not as often as when i brake) and it only does this if i release the throttle.

What could it be? Do i need to worry?

it could just be a faulty sensor or something. The best way for you to find out would be to take it to a garage and then ask them to put a diagnostics kit on it. This should then find out if there is a problem with any sensors, switches and what not. It could even be just a loose connection in the back of the dash causing it to flicker???

• 4 years later...

I have the same problem but mine goes off when I pull off in first and keep the revs up then soon as I change up it stays on and has started tapping loudly like an old diesel transit van does, its only done 100k which isn't that high for a diesel tbh. I did a full service 2 months ago and there's no leaks or drop in oil level which is at a steady 3/4 full since I changed it.

helpppppp!!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club