Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Zetec Climate 1.8 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I am wanting to upgrade the rear of my Mk2 , to look as much like a 2.5 as I can. I know how to replace the rear light clusters, and I have just read Stonies very informative guide on fitting the spoiler (cheers mate). What I want to know is, can the boot lock trim be replaced as well, and where would I get one from, as Ive no idea whats its called. I havn't tried the main dealer yet, but knowing my dealer, they will just look dumb, as they dont seem to have a clue, after my experiences when upgrading the audio unit. Its a shame I cant upgrade the front as easy......

Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 STEADS

STEADS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Name: NEIL
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 1.8 TDCI TITANIUM AND 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

hi doing the same the hatch is completly different the badge above the lock is on its own the one on the face lift is not integral with the trim but the trim goes around it i think theres a place in germany that does the chrome boot trim you will have to rewire the later back lights as well if you dont already know later bumper goes straight on .

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,967 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

hi doing the same the hatch is completly different the badge above the lock is on its own the one on the face lift is not integral with the trim but the trim goes around it i think theres a place in germany that does the chrome boot trim you will have to rewire the later back lights as well if you dont already know later bumper goes straight on .

their is also a sort of duck tail type groove on the mk2.5 boot panel as you can see in the image below:
i reckon if your colour coded the boot handle itself mate you wouldnt notice its different unless you were parked next to a mk2.5

Posted Image

Steads mate,
when you removed the mk2 bumper was their some rivets that had to be removed or was it just bolts?
and again when fitting the mk2.5 one,
because i am getting some of the Zetec S kit fitted next month to my mk2.5 and i need the car for work so i was planning to remove the rear bumper and leave it in the body shop to get the lip fitted then fit the lot on to the car myself,
would i be able to do it or is it a 2 man job?
i reckon if theirs no rivets envolved, i could put a duvet on the drive way under the bumper and unbolt it on to the duvet if its just bolts.

#4 STEADS

STEADS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Name: NEIL
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 1.8 TDCI TITANIUM AND 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Lenny if i remeber rightly you remove two torq screws from either side wheel arch and inside there is just one 10mm nut this wlll be seized so suggest plenty of the WD if they snap no big issue as when you get it off you will see that there is a riveted on mounting bracket you could either take that off and put another bolt with washer and lock nut then rivet it back on or if you have nimble fingers it is possible to get the bolt in without removing the bracket anyway there are a couple of screws within the boot apteure take these out last and two plastic rivets underneath you will be able to do it by yourself easily just put the boot screws in first so it dont fall off and ruin all your hard work.

chris when i say you will have to rewire the back lights what i meant to say was the the lamp holders on the newer lights will not fit the older lights and vise versa so if if you buy second hand make sure you get the lamp holders and enougth loom .

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,967 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Lenny if i remeber rightly you remove two torq screws from either side wheel arch and inside there is just one 10mm nut this wlll be seized so suggest plenty of the WD if they snap no big issue as when you get it off you will see that there is a riveted on mounting bracket you could either take that off and put another bolt with washer and lock nut then rivet it back on or if you have nimble fingers it is possible to get the bolt in without removing the bracket anyway there are a couple of screws within the boot apteure take these out last and two plastic rivets underneath you will be able to do it by yourself easily just put the boot screws in first so it dont fall off and ruin all your hard work.

chris when i say you will have to rewire the back lights what i meant to say was the the lamp holders on the newer lights will not fit the older lights and vise versa so if if you buy second hand make sure you get the lamp holders and enougth loom .

thanks Steads mate,
your advise is solid gold to me ;) i had saw another guide where a focus saloon was being converted to an ST replica and they removed the rivets and brackets, but now i know i dont need to,

also chris,
have you considered fitting a duck tail rear spoiler to the mk2 mate,
http://www.ebay.co.u...s&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users