8 replies to this topic

#1 katie86

katie86

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

Hi

Im new to this site, Im not an enthuysiast when it comes to my car but thought a forum would be handy when things go wrong, I ahve a P reg fiesta(nowt special) and was wondering the average cost of new tyres??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi

Im new to this site, Im not an enthuysiast when it comes to my car but thought a forum would be handy when things go wrong, I ahve a P reg fiesta(nowt special) and was wondering the average cost of new tyres??

Probably anywhere from about 20 quid onwards! check quickfit online or any tyre website!

#3 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Currently i have a Corsa SXI that i just put some new tyre's before i sell it and they were around 45. The last set i put on it were 70 each, really just depends on what you want to be honest. Also depends if you have alloys and what size. Mine were 15" alloyes so nothing big :)

#4 Bottlethroddy

Bottlethroddy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Ghia
Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Dont be tempted by the cheapest tyre when you go for new ones, there is a massive gulf in performance between a cheap remould and a good mid range tyre. Spend a few extra quid and keep the car perfoming safely :)

#5 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

Dont be tempted by the cheapest tyre when you go for new ones, there is a massive gulf in performance between a cheap remould and a good mid range tyre. Spend a few extra quid and keep the car perfoming safely :)

+1

#6 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

Just an addition to my original reply, to get any sort of idea of a price for new tyres, you obviously need to tell us what size they are.............have a look here > tyre price search

#7 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

I agree with what's been said already Katie.

Even though you say it's "nowt special" it's still important to have good tyres as in certain circumstances they can save your life!

Check your local paper for current deals--there's tyre dealers everywhere--but remember that cheapest isn't necessarily the best here.

I'd go for a mid range budget tyre with a brand name if possible.

#8 DanFraser

DanFraser

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Cayman 1.3 Ghia
Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Hi

Speedy's on London Road in Derby (noticed you're in Derbyshire) do 20 quid a tyre and do the work for you.

(quick edit: No I don't work for them! lol)

#9 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

20 tyres are never worth it. Better to spend around 40+ to make sure ur getting a good pair. At the end of the day your tyres are the only thing holding u to the road!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users