• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

katie86

Tyres

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Im new to this site, Im not an enthuysiast when it comes to my car but thought a forum would be handy when things go wrong, I ahve a P reg fiesta(nowt special) and was wondering the average cost of new tyres??

Hi

Im new to this site, Im not an enthuysiast when it comes to my car but thought a forum would be handy when things go wrong, I ahve a P reg fiesta(nowt special) and was wondering the average cost of new tyres??

Probably anywhere from about 20 quid onwards! check quickfit online or any tyre website!

Currently i have a Corsa SXI that i just put some new tyre's before i sell it and they were around £45. The last set i put on it were £70 each, really just depends on what you want to be honest. Also depends if you have alloys and what size. Mine were 15" alloyes so nothing big :)

Dont be tempted by the cheapest tyre when you go for new ones, there is a massive gulf in performance between a cheap remould and a good mid range tyre. Spend a few extra quid and keep the car perfoming safely :)

Dont be tempted by the cheapest tyre when you go for new ones, there is a massive gulf in performance between a cheap remould and a good mid range tyre. Spend a few extra quid and keep the car perfoming safely :)

+1

Just an addition to my original reply, to get any sort of idea of a price for new tyres, you obviously need to tell us what size they are.............have a look here > tyre price search

I agree with what's been said already Katie.

Even though you say it's "nowt special" it's still important to have good tyres as in certain circumstances they can save your life!

Check your local paper for current deals--there's tyre dealers everywhere--but remember that cheapest isn't necessarily the best here.

I'd go for a mid range budget tyre with a brand name if possible.

Hi

Speedy's on London Road in Derby (noticed you're in Derbyshire) do 20 quid a tyre and do the work for you.

(quick edit: No I don't work for them! lol)

£20 tyres are never worth it. Better to spend around 40+ to make sure ur getting a good pair. At the end of the day your tyres are the only thing holding u to the road!