Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Froggy72

Fiesta Brakes

8 posts in this topic

Hi I've got a 2012 fiesta metal which I've had for 3 weeks. It's a lovely car but recently the brakes have started making a grinding noise. I didnt notice this noise at first but it seems to of appeared in the last week.it happens when coming to a slow stop. Has anyone else got this problem? any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry I can't help, but when you get this sorted I would like to know as I have a Metal on order.

Hope it gets sorted soon, with minimal hassle!

Jon

Haven't had this problem with my Metal but i did have a similar one on my old Zetec, is it a grinding or a squeaking? There were two issues on my brakes, a stone caught in the in between the disc and the calliper, very easily removed lol, secondly there was next to copper grease on the pads, so a quick re grease and the were perfect

hope this helps

Thanks I rang ford today and they called it a whining noise. I was thinking of the copper grease option. I'm going in on Thursday so hopefully they'll put some on then it'll be sorted.

Fingers crossed for you mate, cause when mine went in to ford for a service i asked them to look at the brakes as i thought they were low, and from what i saw when i looked at them they hadn't even had the wheel off! lol

Lol

Mine do the same thing, mine were also very spongy, get them sorted mate.

Liam

What did they do to yours then Liam ?