Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal Motorway Driving

JonM

Hi All,

As you may know, I purchased a Fiesta Metal recently, however I'm having to wait 'patiently' for it to be built and delivered. I was just wondering what any owners of the Metal edition think of it during motorway driving? I.e. Engine noise, motorway speed acceleration, etc.

Cheers,

Jon

got the 134ps s1600 and will easily sit at 70 and its pretty quiet. was coming home late the other night on empty motorway and never noticed how quick the speed goes up :o

I don't do a lot of motorway driving in my Metal but what I have, has been a pleasure. The acceleration in 3rd and 4th will get you to your desired top speed effectively but my only slight quibble is it ought to have a 6th gear once you get there. I wouldn't say it was noisey but having just had a diesel car with 6 gears I personally feel I'm always over revving (not just on the motorway) and that I need to slide into the next gear.

I think you'll love the car, the heated seats and the interior are just the business and the handling is superb compared to my old car.

Yeah, I think I will miss a 6th gear. Currently have a diesel, with slightly less bhp but loads more torque. I don't drive on the Motorway much, but as long as I'm not deaf or overly worn out at the end, thats fine for me.

A 6th gear is something I got used to, I'm sure I can get used to 5 again.

I also have a metal on order, but hopefully wont be doing too much motorway trips. I agree, maybe they should have a 6 gear version but then maybe this is too much for a small 1.6 car! anyway, lets get on the lanes ;-)

I have a metal, and I think it handles terribly on the motorway, I don't like electric power steering (in my opinion) and I think it's noisy once you hit 70 (engine) and road noise can over power the radio, acceleration to get to 70 fine, but say you slow down and get to 50/60mph you will need to go into 4th because its very sluggish. Hope I haven't put you off.

Liam

I have a metal, and I think it handles terribly on the motorway, I don't like electric power steering (in my opinion) and I think it's noisy once you hit 70 (engine) and road noise can over power the radio, acceleration to get to 70 fine, but say you slow down and get to 50/60mph you will need to go into 4th because its very sluggish. Hope I haven't put you off.

Liam

Needs running in that. Should be completely fine at 70, after all it's supposed to go up to 120ish. Then again, diesel is the way to go if doing much on the motorways really.

Yeah diesel is best for motorways, fortunately I dont go on them much, once a month tops right now. I would have thought as the car can go 120 it shouldn't be too loud at 70-80.

I find my metal perfect on the motorways, haven't found it noisy at all, the opposite in fact, very little wind or road noise, all i hear is the exhaust rumbling :D, very comfy too, I've just found you need to watch the speedo because you can quickly find yourself over the limit

but the metal is a true b-road blaster

all i hear is the exhaust rumbling :D, very comfy too, I've just found you need to watch the speedo because you can quickly find yourself over the limit

but the metal is a true b-road blaster

yeah know exactly what you mean :D

yeah know exactly what you mean :D

Great sound :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club