Photo

Focus Zetec S Rear Skirt Colour Of Centre Section?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

gonna fit the bits myself. the front skirt is bonded on - tiger seal
the rear bumper and diffuser will be put together and then bolted on.
another product that you can use is "stick like sh*t" which you can buy from screwfix. it works in the wet too and and what it says on the tube!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

gonna fit the bits myself. the front skirt is bonded on - tiger seal
the rear bumper and diffuser will be put together and then bolted on.
another product that you can use is "stick like sh*t" which you can buy from screwfix. it works in the wet too and and what it says on the tube!

we dont have screwfix over here mate,
so im going to import some grey Tiger Seal

i also spotted this rubber lip on ebay looks good, think ill purchase a strip and try it out on the front lip once fitted as it may prevent any scuffs from appearing around the bottom of it
http://www.ebay.co.u....._fvi=1&_rdc=1

they also have a fitting guide here:
https://docs.google....&hl=en_US&pli=1

looks good and comes with pre-Drilled holes on it for easy fitting.

they have also sucked me in with the catchy tune and advertising lmao

#48 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Name: Ste
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 6SPD titanium estate
  • Year: 2005

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi Lenny, it'll be good to see all the new gear fitted! B)

Given your skills though mate, i'm surprised you aren't having a go at painting the bits yourself...

I only use my local (excellent) bodyshop for main panel work nowadays, i do a fair amount of home painting these days it seems, i've done quite a few sets of wheels for mates with good old rattle cans in my shed B)

Colour coded the alloys On my Ford Freda last year...

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pull out awning on my mate's Freda...

Posted Image

Various sets of alloys...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And even my bike! :D (from a dubious red/white colour scheme to good old Ford Sea grey with rainbow metalflake) :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi Lenny, it'll be good to see all the new gear fitted! B)

Given your skills though mate, i'm surprised you aren't having a go at painting the bits yourself...

I only use my local (excellent) bodyshop for main panel work nowadays, i do a fair amount of home painting these days it seems, i've done quite a few sets of wheels for mates with good old rattle cans in my shed B)

Colour coded the alloys On my Ford Freda last year...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man I’d love to be your next door neighbour, all the beautiful kit you have and the modifications even your mountain bike is modified mate,
I’d be out waxing your cars every Saturday for you, just so as I could see what mods your doing next lol Posted Image

thanks for the comments and vote of confidence in me too mate I’m really looking forward to seeing it fitted its been talked about for ages but finally happening, and I’m crap at spraying I haven’t got the patience to do it, the only thing I’ve ever sprayed was my rear view mirror in the focus plus I’ve got two little girls aged 4 and 6 who are in to everything so a wet painted panel from the car would be a disaster when they decide to play football in the garden lol
the easy option is to get the body shop guy to do it, plus he done my st spoiler when i bought the car and he made an excellent job of it and charged me mates rate, because a mate recommended i go to him,
he isn’t my local body shop he is 130km away from where I live but he’s top man with a sprayer.

#50 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hey Lenny thanks for the comments mate! My neighbours might disagree with you though mate... There's no other car fella's down my street i'm afraid :huh:

I'm a bit of a pain actually, as once i get an idea in my head, i'll sit there for weeks till i either break it, or solve it, or chuck it!

Would now be a good time to reveal the hours i spent flush fitting an LED into each brake block of my bike, with an actuation sensor so the brake blocks glowed when i pressed the brakes?

Posted Image

Yep! Sometimes i have TOO much times on my hands mate! :D :D :D

I'm well in with my bodyshop guy too, he's taught me a lot down the years, and he's a great fella for bouncing ideas back and forth... He always listens, and contemplates any problems i may encounter, and to be honest, if i fetch him a "50 quid job" half the time he doesn't charge me and jokes to "remember him at christmas" (hic) :P

I know what you mean about having "liccle un's" knocking about after painting though... I've only just last year treated myself to a home built monster shed, designed primarily for little painting jobs here or there, it's my new home from home! B)

I can't wait to see your motor when all the new bits are on... It'll make such a difference to an already really smart car.

#51 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Hey Lenny thanks for the comments mate! My neighbours might disagree with you though mate... There's no other car fella's down my street i'm afraid :huh:

I'm a bit of a pain actually, as once i get an idea in my head, i'll sit there for weeks till i either break it, or solve it, or chuck it!

Would now be a good time to reveal the hours i spent flush fitting an LED into each brake block of my bike, with an actuation sensor so the brake blocks glowed when i pressed the brakes?

Posted Image

Yep! Sometimes i have TOO much times on my hands mate! :D :D :D

I'm well in with my bodyshop guy too, he's taught me a lot down the years, and he's a great fella for bouncing ideas back and forth... He always listens, and contemplates any problems i may encounter, and to be honest, if i fetch him a "50 quid job" half the time he doesn't charge me and jokes to "remember him at christmas" (hic) :P

I know what you mean about having "liccle un's" knocking about after painting though... I've only just last year treated myself to a home built monster shed, designed primarily for little painting jobs here or there, it's my new home from home! B)

I can't wait to see your motor when all the new bits are on... It'll make such a difference to an already really smart car.

Nice one mate, those led's look excellent fitted in the pads took alot of thought and determination to get them that way im sure.
shed sounds good too great to have a place where you can start a job then go for tea and when you come back to it, everything is the way you left it lol no tools gone walking.
the plan after the body kit is fitted is to look in to getting a duplex system fitted, going for a single oval on either side, how much did yours cost?

ive got a price from european parts for a 3 part system made by Bastuck and consisting of a stainless pipe from the DPF to a stainless back box and duplex pipes for 732.00euro including DHL postage to ireland pricely and im on two minds weather to purchase it or not but ive cut back on the future list of mods to the car and the exhaust would be a life time job.

#52 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Lenny, is there no longlife/powerflow/custom exhaust places that can do your duplex system for you?

i plan on something similar and hope to have one fitted soon - i have a place called custom chrome racing 10 mins from me so will get them to make and fit mine.
Hopefully it will be a simple job but not sure to get from catback 2.5" system or just rear box. Any ideas if noise sound will improve? I did this on my previous car and then had a decat fitted (Leon 1.8T Cupra) and it sounded immense and freed up a few more ponies - catback was restrictive).

#53 Bigdaddycain

Bigdaddycain

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hi Lenny, a price for my exhaust won't be much use to you i'm afraid mate as mine was built from scratch by a tuning firm... Loads of longlife outfits will have a jig to build a focus exhaust from (probably from ST dimensions) My "ST" rear bumper hybrid is 2" narrower than a proper ST, so ST exhaust jigs wouldn't work when creating my zorst.... I was billed £450 for my stainless twin, but that was an agreed upon price before the exhaust was built... He said it should have been nearer the £600 mark really, but stuck with the original price... He did spend all day perfecting it though! The sound tune is perfect, there is a supercharger like howl as the revs drop, and on a cold morningm, there is an identical amount of vapour coming from each pipe... The tuner said matching flow from each pipe would be tricky on my car, but he managed it perfectly... ;)

#54 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Lenny, is there no longlife/powerflow/custom exhaust places that can do your duplex system for you?

i plan on something similar and hope to have one fitted soon - i have a place called custom chrome racing 10 mins from me so will get them to make and fit mine.
Hopefully it will be a simple job but not sure to get from catback 2.5" system or just rear box. Any ideas if noise sound will improve? I did this on my previous car and then had a decat fitted (Leon 1.8T Cupra) and it sounded immense and freed up a few more ponies - catback was restrictive).

Hi mate,
my focus has the DPF and Cat all in the one type unit so the rest from the DPF to the pipes will be 2.5'' and the stainless back box,
should have a nice grunt and the tweet of a pigeon :D
the only place in ireland that i know of is Souhan's
http://www.souhan.ie...ring/4544201714
but they are 85.20 miles away from my house :rolleyes: and im afraid of what they would cost to custom fit a duplex to my car and all the welding underneath the car too. so i think ill eventually go with the Bastuck 3 part system atleast i know how much it would cost me.

#55 FordFocusman

FordFocusman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Name: focusman
  • Ford Model: ford
  • Year: 2014

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

So it is peugeot graphite grey on your dffuser, which looks tremendous.
It will look good on my black focus too coz the light grey doesn't give this agressive look, i will add some pictures when it will be fit, i just gave the diffuser to the garage so it will take at least one week, we'll see.

To continue the conversation, yes you should have take the 1.8 tdci mate, it is pure Ford and one of the toughest engine, cause it's been quite awhile they created it and not a lot of people have had any problems with it.

#56 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 10,097 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

So it is peugeot graphite grey on your dffuser, which looks tremendous.
It will look good on my black focus too coz the light grey doesn't give this agressive look, i will add some pictures when it will be fit, i just gave the diffuser to the garage so it will take at least one week, we'll see.

To continue the conversation, yes you should have take the 1.8 tdci mate, it is pure Ford and one of the toughest engine, cause it's been quite awhile they created it and not a lot of people have had any problems with it.

Yes mate,
I bought two cans of peugeot Graphite Gray and give them to the body shop along with the kit.
Here are a few more images, and thanks very much for comments.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 FordFocusman

FordFocusman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

thanks for the pictures, yes it looks really good i like it

#58 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

that looks sweet lenny, tbh i carnt wait till mine comes, get it sprayed and fitted. but yet again im another person who is unsure about the colour..... with our car being sea grey im thinking the primer colour, but where the fins are painted gloss black maybe? what do you think?

#59 FordFocusman

FordFocusman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

The primer colour looks good on a sey grey Focus ...

here is an example for you

Attached Thumbnails

• ford-focus-2009-sea-grey-met-hatchback-1-6-zetec-s-5dr-bd39a370c5ca3aa9fe016f7a16674006-m2.jpg

#60 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

thet does mighty nice and thanks, but what if the fins were black, i would ask somebody to photo shop this for me, but i dont want to be 1, a pain lol...... thanks for the pic mate.....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users