Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Rear Skirt Colour Of Centre Section?

Lenny

Hey Lenny thanks for the comments mate! My neighbours might disagree with you though mate... There's no other car fella's down my street i'm afraid :huh:

I'm a bit of a pain actually, as once i get an idea in my head, i'll sit there for weeks till i either break it, or solve it, or chuck it!

Would now be a good time to reveal the hours i spent flush fitting an LED into each brake block of my bike, with an actuation sensor so the brake blocks glowed when i pressed the brakes?

DSC00289-1.jpg

Yep! Sometimes i have TOO much times on my hands mate! :D :D :D

I'm well in with my bodyshop guy too, he's taught me a lot down the years, and he's a great fella for bouncing ideas back and forth... He always listens, and contemplates any problems i may encounter, and to be honest, if i fetch him a "50 quid job" half the time he doesn't charge me and jokes to "remember him at christmas" (hic) :P

I know what you mean about having "liccle un's" knocking about after painting though... I've only just last year treated myself to a home built monster shed, designed primarily for little painting jobs here or there, it's my new home from home! B)

I can't wait to see your motor when all the new bits are on... It'll make such a difference to an already really smart car.

Nice one mate, those led's look excellent fitted in the pads took alot of thought and determination to get them that way im sure.

shed sounds good too great to have a place where you can start a job then go for tea and when you come back to it, everything is the way you left it lol no tools gone walking.

the plan after the body kit is fitted is to look in to getting a duplex system fitted, going for a single oval on either side, how much did yours cost?

ive got a price from european parts for a 3 part system made by Bastuck and consisting of a stainless pipe from the DPF to a stainless back box and duplex pipes for 732.00euro including DHL postage to ireland pricely and im on two minds weather to purchase it or not but ive cut back on the future list of mods to the car and the exhaust would be a life time job.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lenny

• salsheikh

• Haz93

• FordFocusman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lenny, is there no longlife/powerflow/custom exhaust places that can do your duplex system for you?

i plan on something similar and hope to have one fitted soon - i have a place called custom chrome racing 10 mins from me so will get them to make and fit mine.

Hopefully it will be a simple job but not sure to get from catback 2.5" system or just rear box. Any ideas if noise sound will improve? I did this on my previous car and then had a decat fitted (Leon 1.8T Cupra) and it sounded immense and freed up a few more ponies - catback was restrictive).

Hi Lenny, a price for my exhaust won't be much use to you i'm afraid mate as mine was built from scratch by a tuning firm... Loads of longlife outfits will have a jig to build a focus exhaust from (probably from ST dimensions) My "ST" rear bumper hybrid is 2" narrower than a proper ST, so ST exhaust jigs wouldn't work when creating my zorst.... I was billed £450 for my stainless twin, but that was an agreed upon price before the exhaust was built... He said it should have been nearer the £600 mark really, but stuck with the original price... He did spend all day perfecting it though! The sound tune is perfect, there is a supercharger like howl as the revs drop, and on a cold morningm, there is an identical amount of vapour coming from each pipe... The tuner said matching flow from each pipe would be tricky on my car, but he managed it perfectly... ;)

Lenny, is there no longlife/powerflow/custom exhaust places that can do your duplex system for you?

i plan on something similar and hope to have one fitted soon - i have a place called custom chrome racing 10 mins from me so will get them to make and fit mine.

Hopefully it will be a simple job but not sure to get from catback 2.5" system or just rear box. Any ideas if noise sound will improve? I did this on my previous car and then had a decat fitted (Leon 1.8T Cupra) and it sounded immense and freed up a few more ponies - catback was restrictive).

Hi mate,

my focus has the DPF and Cat all in the one type unit so the rest from the DPF to the pipes will be 2.5'' and the stainless back box,

should have a nice grunt and the tweet of a pigeon :D

the only place in ireland that i know of is Souhan's

http://www.souhan.ie/?gclid=CLm4iI_Zy68CFUsZ4Qod3k7obA#/exhaust-manufacturing/4544201714

but they are 85.20 miles away from my house :rolleyes: and im afraid of what they would cost to custom fit a duplex to my car and all the welding underneath the car too. so i think ill eventually go with the Bastuck 3 part system atleast i know how much it would cost me.

• 8 months later...

So it is peugeot graphite grey on your dffuser, which looks tremendous.

It will look good on my black focus too coz the light grey doesn't give this agressive look, i will add some pictures when it will be fit, i just gave the diffuser to the garage so it will take at least one week, we'll see.

To continue the conversation, yes you should have take the 1.8 tdci mate, it is pure Ford and one of the toughest engine, cause it's been quite awhile they created it and not a lot of people have had any problems with it.

So it is peugeot graphite grey on your dffuser, which looks tremendous.

It will look good on my black focus too coz the light grey doesn't give this agressive look, i will add some pictures when it will be fit, i just gave the diffuser to the garage so it will take at least one week, we'll see.

To continue the conversation, yes you should have take the 1.8 tdci mate, it is pure Ford and one of the toughest engine, cause it's been quite awhile they created it and not a lot of people have had any problems with it.

Yes mate,

I bought two cans of peugeot Graphite Gray and give them to the body shop along with the kit.

Here are a few more images, and thanks very much for comments.

Image1978.jpg

Image2011.jpg

IMG_20120922_151705_zps4e78f8da.jpg

einsteinshow.jpg

thanks for the pictures, yes it looks really good i like it

that looks sweet lenny, tbh i carnt wait till mine comes, get it sprayed and fitted. but yet again im another person who is unsure about the colour..... with our car being sea grey im thinking the primer colour, but where the fins are painted gloss black maybe? what do you think?

The primer colour looks good on a sey grey Focus ...

here is an example for you

post-39743-0-36193200-1358546602_thumb.j

thet does mighty nice and thanks, but what if the fins were black, i would ask somebody to photo shop this for me, but i dont want to be 1, a pain lol...... thanks for the pic mate.....

If you want my opinion it would look better in the primer colour coz sea grey fits it well

i'm sorry i don't have photoshop

its ok i wasnt asking lol, i just dont want to be a burden to any body........ thats what im thinking, but on the other hand i want it be slightly different than (the norm) lets say........ but i was going have my 18's (st) sprayed orange, and have orange detail but it looks to chavvy lmao.....

unique being the kind word there lmfao...........

RS 18" alloys in lime Green on the the grey with a matching green S badge where currently red.

Also matching green rear view mirror and wing mirror covers.

Or maybe some volk TE37 alloys in ororange.

On a more serious note mate,

If you decide to keep the diffuser section in primer grey,

You must paint it that colour,

Because leaving it in a primed state will attract dirt and very difficult to clean as primer is designed to absorb and be rough.

So primer condition is a no but primer colour yes