Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Audio Update - The Changes

Mark M.K

When you plug it in does anything happen? Usually you see a message about "usb initialiasing" for a few seconds on the display as you plug in a USB stick of music.

EDIT- Just done mine, You need to follow the instructions to start it, I too go the no files found when I plugged the USB in until I read the instructions.

My stick is 128MB and the format is FAT32

Turn the car off. Turn the radio on (1 hour mode), Plug in the USB (says no files found here) , Turn the car to II. The update then starts and takes 10 mins or so.,

Do it in the wrong order and it won't work...

If you cant make it work drop me a PM and I'l lpost my stick to you.

Even if you follow the instructions bang on mate sometimes its still a pain and doesn't work so i just kept jamming the usb in whilst having the radio on and turning the ignition to II and hey presto lol....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• Mark M.K

• ConfusedDaze

• GJC

I have finally installed the update , before when streaming music via iPhone bluetooth it would get lost and not follow the tracks as i searched through the playlist , now it works fine no matter how fast i scan through.

A big thank you

I've tried to apply the update and it says 'Update Running....' or whatever it says and then it says 'Update Failed! Please restart update'

The first... 5 times it said it almost instantly and then the next 3? times it took about 30 seconds to appear... I've done as everyone said above (quite computer savvy so no issues with the USB etc...) Reformatted USB Stick to make sure its FAT32 and made sure all the files are on there.

Why could this be!?

I've tried to apply the update and it says 'Update Running....' or whatever it says and then it says 'Update Failed! Please restart update'

The first... 5 times it said it almost instantly and then the next 3? times it took about 30 seconds to appear... I've done as everyone said above (quite computer savvy so no issues with the USB etc...) Reformatted USB Stick to make sure its FAT32 and made sure all the files are on there.

Why could this be!?

Have you tried re-downloading it form Ford and putting them on the stick again rather than using the one you downloaded earlier?

If your really stuck I can send you my stick that worked for me.

Don't you sound posh Nath :P I did exactly that and get the Update failed message =/!

Don't you sound posh Nath :P I did exactly that and get the Update failed message =/!

No, I sound proper ;) Got another USB stick you can try?

No, I sound proper ;) Got another USB stick you can try?

Nope, bought this one specially since I didn't have one.. it loads everything else fine =/

Just to confirm, me and Nathan installed the update in my 2011 titanium earlier this evening and everything installed fine (same 14 minutes as Nathan stated in the vid)

Didn't actually notice any improvements as of yet, but will post when I stream music from my iPhone 4 at another time..

Hi all driving car today and thinking of going into see TCH Derby as sound from drivers door was very low balanc and fader both set at center.So did this update 14mins and all is now ok not sure if the update did this? time will tell.

Still cant get it to update.... Guess i'll have to make do! :)

Updated successfully it refused to even acknowledge the exist stance of my 4s before now works a treat

I've tried 4 sticks loads of different formatting methods - putting all files and just the two AU files on there and I've given up.

Either I've already got the latest update because my car was March built or it just doesn't like me.

Oh well :)

I've tried 4 sticks loads of different formatting methods - putting all files and just the two AU files on there and I've given up.

Either I've already got the latest update because my car was March built or it just doesn't like me.

Oh well :)

Same issue, it starts to apply it and then fails.. repeated it so many times and same result!

Tried the update so many times in my fiesta, its a jan2012 build.

Followed all instructions I have a keyless start, I plug in get in the no files found, message. Press the ignition button and absolutely nothing happens.

Tried this afternoon on my friends 2008 ZS, and all we get is update failed. Tried using 3 different usb sticks really am lost.

I have a Titanium with Bluetooth and voice but it's the ford stereo and not the Sony one. Can you stream music via Bluetooth? And will and iPhone 4s work?

If you have the latest update then yes it works a treat updated the software on my stereo and now the 4s works a treat on bluetooth no random shutting of like before

If you have the latest update then yes it works a treat updated the software on my stereo and now the 4s works a treat on bluetooth no random shutting of like before

The only problems I had with my iPnone was when I switched the headlights on (HID's fitted), it would knock the audio off and I'd have to unplug and plug back in the phone.

The other problem was when I was on the phone (either incoming or outgoing calls) the audio would shut off, but not restart when the call ended. Sometimes pressing ok would start it, other times it wouldn't. Otherwise seamed ok.

if anyone needs a stick that works drop me a pm.. Happy to post mine out..

Tried the update so many times in my fiesta, its a jan2012 build.

Followed all instructions I have a keyless start, I plug in get in the no files found, message. Press the ignition button and absolutely nothing happens.

Tried this afternoon on my friends 2008 ZS, and all we get is update failed. Tried using 3 different usb sticks really am lost.

jan 12 should have the latest update on

This is what I was thinking? Just find it strange that I do not get any kind of message.

The update was released in April? So perhaps not.

I have a feeling it's to do with the keyless start, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced any probs with keyless?

Also when trying in my friends ZS, it comes up with update failed please restart, what am I doing wrong???

Hi, what make/model is your stick?

No idea got given it as a freebie years ago and 128MB isn't that big anymore to be useful...

Have you read / followed the Ford instructions for update on models with Keyless start?

For vehicles with keyless start (start button), please press the start button without pressing the clutch pedal.

For vehicles with automatic transmission, please place the selector lever in the P position and turn the ignition on without pressing the brake pedal.

So you turn the radio on before the car to put it in 1 hour mode, then put in the USB then push start without the clutch down.

I've followed the instructions by ford and always get update failed.... No matter what I do I can't get it to update. Longest i've seen it say 'Updating' is like 30 seconds before it fails.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club