Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Belt Warring

coatesy89

I have a 2007 mk2 focus and would like to know if anyone can help me shut the seat belt warning up I use my car for work and it times are only driving a few 100yards and the warring buzzer is really annoying me :( I don't know if it's possible to just disconnect the system as it has weight sensors built into the seats. any help or advice would be appreciated thanks :)

Try one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Belt-Alarm-Clip-Buckle-Ford-Focus-ST-Rs-Mondeo-Fiesta-Ka-Kuga-Transit-/280866401739?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4164f12dcb

Far easier.

I use an old seatbelt buckle for my work vehicle as when i'm on call i'm seatbelt exempt but this is the more fancy solution.

All you need is a pair of scissors and a scrap yard. Cut a spare one off and leave it in your car :-)

Turning seat belt alarm off is simple DIY with no costs, no need to go to scrapyard, can be done in 2 minutes. In my opinion it is more convenient solution for everyday use than additional buckle clip.

Turned mine off by putting seat belt buckle in and out 9 times.

Hope this helps

Paul

Turned mine off by putting seat belt buckle in and out 9 times.

Hope this helps

Paul

You probably just blew the fuse hahaha ;-)

You probably just blew the fuse hahaha ;-)

Nope, this is the way it can be done. Get into the car, close the door, handbrake on, ignition on (position II) and 9-10 times put the seatbelt buckle in. If it works seatbelt warning light will flash 3 times. To activate - do it again.

Even easier, just use the passenger seatbelt in the drivers clip.

Easier still - wear yer seatbelt. ;)

From the owners manual.....

To deactivate the seat belt reminder for 1 ignition cycle, buckle and unbuckle the seat belt within 3 seconds with the ignition switched on...

Even easier, just use the passenger seatbelt in the drivers clip.

Easier but not safer (if we can talk about safety without seatbelts). I have read that airbags work different when seatbelts are not fastened in order to reduce damage to the body (to avoid hitting the airbag while it is inflating). Probably timing difference of milliseconds, but might be crucial.

Easier still - wear yer seatbelt. ;)

That's for sure, but everybody has own reasons to turn warning off and it does not necessarily mean he is not fastening seatbelts.

I have the chime disabled but the light in the cluster still flashes every few seconds.....thanks to ELMconfig. of course . Just the way i wanted it.

Instructions don't work for me.

When on position II, the seat belt symbol isn't there so i cant wait for it to go off before i start the instructions.

2009 Model,

any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club