Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St170 Help!!

LoobyLou1985

Can anyone help me, i have just bought an ST170, when i am slowing down to stop, the revs drop really low and the battery light comes on and it cuts out.

If i catch it just as the battery light comes on i can keep the engine going but if not it cuts out :(

Its a bit embarassingt and dangerous.

Can anyone help me please :)

Can anyone help me, i have just bought an ST170, when i am slowing down to stop, the revs drop really low and the battery light comes on and it cuts out.

If i catch it just as the battery light comes on i can keep the engine going but if not it cuts out :(

Its a bit embarassingt and dangerous.

Can anyone help me please :)

Sounds like you need a new battery, or an altinator, eithr one of them your looking around £150 to fix.

does the car start trouble free or is it proving difficult?

Well i was having trouble starting it, but since the new battery yesterday it seems fine.

I have been told it cnt be the alternator as when the battery is disconnected the car is still running :unsure:

Could it be a seal on the gasket??? As i was told that needs a new one when i bought it.

Well i was having trouble starting it, but since the new battery yesterday it seems fine.

I have been told it cnt be the alternator as when the battery is disconnected the car is still running :unsure:

Could it be a seal on the gasket??? As i was told that needs a new one when i bought it.

i doubt it is to do with the gasket seal,

perhaps check the connections to the battery are tight and the earth cable is connected to the chassie tightly too.

other than that im open to learning on this one too.