Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Focus, Hello C-Max.

bottletree

I have to let my Focus go. Got another 4 fault code readings, all to do with the dreaded DPF. Got another car lined up. 2005 older model I know C-max with all the toys leather seats sunroof,you name it,its got it. Its a shame really cause the Focus drove beautifully and the Mrs is not happy about me selling it.

I'd just like to thank the makers of the DPF for a worthless piece of crap.

Bottletree,

I've just edited this post, because for the most part it was total bollards :unsure: I do not know why I thought your motor was 13 years old, and even if it was, it would not have a DPF..............all I can say is in my defence.....I'd just got up :D

The C-Max you have omitted to tell the board if it's a petrol or diesel variant :rolleyes:

Anyway good luck with your new motor, nice having the extra toy's. But remember toy's are just that, overall quality of the motor in question is what should be the deciding factor in the question.....To buy or not to buy

my mate isnt taking anymore diesels as trade in hes got too many youre not the only one to make a change. c max is a nice motor looked at a few myself before i got the focus

Just sold it. 2006 1.6 diesel to a young lad. Got £3900 for it. I bought it for £6250 just over 2 years ago. I am so glad I have nothing more to do with these DPF's. The c-max I am getting is a 2005 model 2 litre diesel(NO DPF). Ghia with the full shebang. 43000 miles on clock. Paying £4500 for it off my Uncle.

nice good mileage proven engine bit thirsty and higher road tax but we cant have it all can we.my foci is in to ford thursday warranty directs paying for new front susp arms as there worn and banging under heavy braking. i fell out of love with diesels a long time ago and would never go back to one enjoy the c max its a good motor

I'm not so sure that a car can become unreliable simply because it gets old... I've a 1995 Ford with a diesel engine that has just required it's first replacement part due to an imminent failure... Front CV joint has just let go after an unspotted CV boot split... 17 years of troublefree motoring ain't to be sniffed at B)

Best of luck with the C-max mate, they seem a decent motor ;)

Thanks for replies peeps. The focus went off in the distance and I must admit I was a bit gutted to see it go. Like many enthusiasts on here my motor has to be 100% inside and out, so I spent a lot of time on it. The C-max drives brilliantly. You notice the power difference and the upright seating position. A few too many gadgets to get used to at moment.

Thanks for replies peeps. The focus went off in the distance and I must admit I was a bit gutted to see it go. Like many enthusiasts on here my motor has to be 100% inside and out, so I spent a lot of time on it. The C-max drives brilliantly. You notice the power difference and the upright seating position. A few too many gadgets to get used to at moment.

You need to sort your avatar out now. Oh and I edited my first reply ...........basically because I was talking about a car you didn't own :huh:

Then I realise BDC writes a post in reply to that post commenting on older cars and their need for more repairs and replacements. So now it looks like BDC has gone off on one.....sorrie BDC...............I'm having an early night I obviously need one :D

Yeah I thought you were commenting on another post for a moment there,ha ha. The Mrs went in car today. She hates it. She hates the leather interior, she hates the gear change, she hates the high positioning, But most of all she hates the electronic hand brake switch. She got 50 yards down the road,stalled it twice and put it in reverse instead of first gear. :( :angry:

The Mrs went in car today. She hates it. She hates the leather interior, she hates the gear change, she hates the high positioning, But most of all she hates the electronic hand brake switch. She got 50 yards down the road,stalled it twice and put it in reverse instead of first gear. :( :angry:

I think someone is hinting for a Fiesta. ;) :P

Funny you say that cause she said if she doesn't get used to the cmax she will get a small cheap car. Good luck I said.

Yeah I thought you were commenting on another post for a moment there,ha ha.

Well er I kinda was :rolleyes: because prior to "beddie byes" the night before I was reading a thread about a 1999 Mk1 Focus......Like I say, I'd just got up so obviously my brain was still snoozing -_-

The Mrs went in car today. She hates it. She hates the leather interior, she hates the gear change, she hates the high positioning, But most of all she hates the electronic hand brake switch. She got 50 yards down the road,stalled it twice and put it in reverse instead of first gear. :( :angry:

Smacks of de-ja vu reading that. I had a similar experience with the wife. She gets hit head on by an idiot, our Mk1 Focus and the other car written off. Wife said no way is she driving again unless I get a Volvo ................Enter latest shape Volvo S40 with the 2.0 TDCi engine under the bonnet. And like your C-Max it had all the toys including full heated leather.......I loved it, went like stink.

Her in doors on the other hand gets in it for the first time, I'm taking her through her first drive since the accident.....she cannot release the hand brake. Well she says she can if she uses both hands, which she then goes on to prove to me. Anyway you can imagine...just short of having opposing divorce lawyers sat in the back seats....we finally manage to get off, with a one hand release of the first thing " I hate about this car"

She's doing fine, we negotiate town traffic, and we are into the glorious Yorkshire Dales, its January so the roads are quite. We are on this straight... see for miles stretch of road behind a string of about of ten cyclists. Wife brings up the rear like a guardian sheepdog............and we eventually have tale back for as far as the eye can see.

Anyway top and bottom was she got her confidence back eventually. I put parking aids on it front and back, as she said she could not judge where the front started or the back ended. She stuck with the Volvo for nine months, though I doubt she ever got into fifth gear let alone sixth. She said it was to powerful for her, and on top of that she said I drove it to fast..................she hankered back to the good ol'e days in her beloved Focus, but she knew I love the Volvo.........................And as I knew by her putting me first, she was driving a car she did not like........... that's why we have been back driving a Mk2 Focus for the last two years seven months.

Now that beats a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates as a gesture of commitment. So get the lass a Focus you miserable bugger :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club