#1 ade01

ade01

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: adrian
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2000

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

hiya all my key fob will only open the boot and not the doors how do i go about getting a new one and then how do i program it to the car many thanks ade

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 s.jsutton

s.jsutton

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: simon
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130 ZETEC S
  • Year: 2002

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

HAVE YOU GOT THE ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUEL, AND THE MASTER KEY OR ANOTHER THAT IS PROGRAMMED?
THE MANUEL WILL TELL YOU HOW TO PROGRAM THE KEY FOB AND ALSO HOW TO TURN ON / OFF FEATURES SUCH AS GLOBAL WINDOW CONTROL / SINGLE PRESS / TWO PRESS FOR DOOR OPENING.

REGARDS
SIMON

#3 ade01

ade01

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Name: adrian
  • Ford Model: mondeo
  • Year: 2000

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

just the one key the car is a 2000 on the year

#4 s.jsutton

s.jsutton

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

YOU MAY NOT NEED TO GET NEW ONES, YOU CAN PROGRAMME ADDITIONAL KEYS IN CAR SO LONG AS YOU HAVE ONE THAT WORKS IN SOME WAY.
YOU HAVE TO PUT A KEY IN THE IGNITION AND TURN TO A CERTAIN POINT UNTIL THE ALARM LIGHT STARTS TO BLINK AND THEN DO IT AGAIN, THEN PRESS BUTTONS ON THE KEYS YOU WANT TO PROGRAMME.
YOU WOULD NEED TO READ THE OWNERS MANUEL TO BE SURE OF THE CORRECT PROCEDURE, I DO NOT HAVE ONE TO HAND.
IF THAT ALL FAILS THEN BUYING NEW ONES IS NOT CHEAP. THERE IS A KEY CUTTING SERVICE IN MY LOCAL TESCO'S THAT OFFERED TO SUPPLY AND PROGRAMME A REMOTE KEY FOB FOR £145, THIS IS NOT BAD CONSIDERING FORD WILL PROBABLY BE NEARER £250.

REGARDS
SIMON

#5 s.jsutton

s.jsutton

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

THE OTHER OPTION IF YOU HAVE KEYS COVERED ON YOUR CAR / HOUSE INSURANCE IS TO PHONE THEM AND TELL THEM YOU HAVE LOST YOUR KEYS.
THEY WILL SEND AN AUTO LOCKSMITH OUT TO YOU WHO WILL BE ABLE TO CUT / PROGRAM YOU A KEY AT ROAD SIDE. - YOU WOULD HAVE TO PAY AN EXCESS OF SOME SORT I AM SURE.

REGARDS
SIMON

#6 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,866 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

If you need to reprogramme your keyless entry you insert the key into the ignition and turn from O to II four times.
The immobiliser light should come on solid and usually there will be a tone.
The car is now in learning mode.
Press any button on the key and a tone should sound again.
Remove the key or leave for approx 10 seconds and the learning mode will end.
Test the key to check it works.
To add spare keys seeing as you only have one key, I suggest a mobile auto locksmith who will supply a transponder only key coded and cut to the car for far less than Ford will.
I avoid supermarket or shoe repair car keys as they clone keys rather than programming unique ones.
Cloned ones cause problems.

#7 2bluechips

2bluechips

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: modeo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

I have one blue chip key. I am waiting for another blue chip key from Timpsons. If the timpsons key works, as they say it will..transponder n'all. Does this mean that, as I will soon have two keys, I can programme a fob ( third key) myself?

If so, it could be cheaper than just buying a blank fob and getting Ford to programme it..

I have read as much as possible about this, but I don't think this specific question has been answered.

Cheers.

#8 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,866 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

If the key is programmed onto the car it will count as a second key and will allow you to unlock the programming phase on the pats.
If it is (as I suspect it will be) a cloned key then the car will not recognise it as a second key and will not unlock the programming.
If you are adding a second key properly, the only way to do it is via the car using a vcm/ids terminal.

#9 2bluechips

2bluechips

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: modeo

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks very much Stoney. Cleared that up.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users