Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Computer Does Not Like Some Numbers - Average Mpg

GJC

Hi

Anyone else noticed the fuel computer does not like some numbers, when in average MPG mode? I'm currently around 63.1 to 63.7 MPG, and Yes I know my driving is pedestrian at a usual 50 to 55MPH unless I really really need to get somewhere.

Now since Nathan dis the cruise retrofit I 'm better at keeping that average where it is but as I tend to leave the display on instant or average MPG I've noticed that the fuel computer just does not like some numbers, it goes from 63.2 to 63.4 and refused to admit 63.3 exists,but logically you have to be really really clogging it to drop that much, or driving like a saint to rise that much without even seeing the 63.3 for a moment.

And yes it jumps 63.2 to 63.4 without going through the 3. It also missed out some other numbers, often 7's.

Anyone else noticed this or just me being a bit OCD over it. :)

My instant read out jumps about so much it's hard for me to notice... sometimes it'll be quite steady for a while but I'm only ever watching the first 2 digits and going :o!! :D

Hi

Anyone else noticed the fuel computer does not like some numbers, when in average MPG mode? I'm currently around 63.1 to 63.7 MPG, and Yes I know my driving is pedestrian at a usual 50 to 55MPH unless I really really need to get somewhere.

Now since Nathan dis the cruise retrofit I 'm better at keeping that average where it is but as I tend to leave the display on instant or average MPG I've noticed that the fuel computer just does not like some numbers, it goes from 63.2 to 63.4 and refused to admit 63.3 exists,but logically you have to be really really clogging it to drop that much, or driving like a saint to rise that much without even seeing the 63.3 for a moment.

And yes it jumps 63.2 to 63.4 without going through the 3. It also missed out some other numbers, often 7's.

Anyone else noticed this or just me being a bit OCD over it. :)

Yes, mine cannot display 40.0 mpg, goes straight from 39.9 to 40.1. That is the only one I have noticed but if there's one there will be more!

We have a Mondeo 2.0 TDCi as the Pool car at work and I've noticed that it always go from 35.5 to 35.7 to 35.9 for some reason it doesn't acknowledge an even number as a decimal point in the 35s. Weird (oh btw we only do REALLY short journeys in it and thats why the MPG sucks so much. I have once taken it about 25 miles on the motorway to pick some stuff up and it got up to around 45 then. Which is pretty good as since the average started it has done 300 miles so I guess if I'd reset it more like 50s.

Do the fiesta computers slowly creep up from 24.9 mpg when reset too?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club