Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frozen White Paint Now A £200 Option!

andyedge

Been having a play around on the Ford configurator & found that white paint is now a £200 option.

Anyone any idea why this has changed? No biggie, I'm just curious.

Maybe white is the most commonly requested colour so Ford decided to cash in on its popularity. :unsure:

Colorado Red is still at no extra cost.

As you suggested, Ford are cashing in on its popularity. However if its only a £200 option its still less than half the price of metalic.

I was told there was going to be a charge for frozen white from 1st April when I ordered mine so I didn't have to pay but to be honest I would still have gone for this colour anyway wonder if any other car company's charge for it?

I remember Peugeot and Citroen did this for that blue that was dead common on 206s and Picassos. It wasnt to cash in on it. It was to keep up with demand basically they needed to uprate the production of the colour and it required new kit or something I dont know how much was press rubbish or if it was genuine.

Sounds to me like another case of rip off Britain, just tell them you want the car with white paint and refuse to pay the 200, I'm sure any garage won't loose a sale for 200 quid!

I was told there was going to be a charge for frozen white from 1st April when I ordered mine so I didn't have to pay but to be honest I would still have gone for this colour anyway wonder if any other car company's charge for it?

I just traded in my Frozen White Fiesta for a Alpine White Z4. BMW don't charge for non-metalic.

I actually find it ridiculous that they are charging for FW as it is undoubtedly just cashing-in on its recent popularity.

Ford charge £200 when no other manufacturer charges for what's seen as a pretty standard paint colour... Nice one Ford.

Ford charge £200 when no other manufacturer charges for what's seen as a pretty standard paint colour... Nice one Ford.

Yeah ur dead right David, as I said just agree the price and drop that out before you sign if not go buy a Citroen DS 3 that will smarten them up a bit!

Frozen White is a no cost option on a Fiesta van no back windows so more paint white van man wins again.

This is just a rip off if they sell less cars this will cost them big time.

I think this is rediculous

As stated above. No Other Manufacturer charges for White Paint.

You Can have Red for free. Does Red still turn pink after a few years

Jamie

Yeah ur dead right David, as I said just agree the price and drop that out before you sign if not go buy a Citroen DS 3 that will smarten them up a bit!

When I was looking at a DS3 last year, its was £740 for metallic paint! I assume thats why most DS3s are white!

When I was looking at a DS3 last year, its was £740 for metallic paint! I assume thats why most DS3s are white!

its crazy that you can have your car fitted out with leather for less than the cost of choosing a different colour. Like I said before I think its best to be about to sign they give them the option of deducting a further 200 quid for the white or loosing the sale.

i agree maleforce

in that way how many people will actually pay for white

Jamie

Vauxhall Insignia = £100 for white. If everyone keeps ordering white it will soon cost as much as metalic, with a very good PR reason why.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club