ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,632 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

£54 fill up is approx 38 litres, which is the maximum I've ever filled up (and I've ran out once). I'm sure the handbook says it has a 50 litre tank? Anyway, 38 litres = 8.35 gallons. If you're getting 520 miles per tank, thats 62MPG. I only get about 420miles per tank which is bang on 50mpg.

Lowest I've ever had from a tank was about 440 miles (52mpg). The most was 554 miles (67mpg). Normally it's between 500-520. Light came on this morning so the computer thinks I've got 50 miles left and the trip is on 489 miles.

According to my handbook, the tank is 45 litres on the petrol and 40 litres on the diesel.

42l petrol
40l diesel

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Tom1494

Tom1494

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi, I try and take it easy tbh. I bought it expecting 60mpg+ however, half of my journey is fairly hilly and I have the 17" alloys. Neither of these factors will help. On a long run at 65mph on cruise I can get 65mpg+, but that's rare u do that kind of trip. I also do 90miles a day.

I do 90 miles a day as well yet i only get 55MPG and I have 1.4, I guess the 1.6 has better fuel economy because it is working as hard?

#18 Tom1494

Tom1494

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

42l petrol
40l diesel

That's disappointing, I thought it had 45L Diesel tank :/

#19 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,632 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

That's disappointing, I thought it had 45L Diesel tank :/

I don't find 500 miles to a tank disappointing ;)

#20 GJC

GJC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Econetic
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

As for folding mirrors and stuff, the car is narrow anyway and its something else to break in years ahead, if it was a SUV with huge mirrors I could see the point but not on a fiesta!

Try living in a house built in the 60's where the designers assumed everyone would drive Mini's in the future, and I find the folding mirrors are a godsend, I have maybe 4 inches clearance in total with the mirrors out. Cars generally have been getting wider, some of the neighbours mondeo class cars dont fit at all even with mirrors folded.

Works multistory is like it too, same era of build, you can only just get 3 cars between the concrete posts...

Although they were a retrofit (Thanks to Nathan) powerfolds make it so easy to get in the garage I'd probably not get a car without them in the future..

#21 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95
  • Year: 2012

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Try living in a house built in the 60's where the designers assumed everyone would drive Mini's in the future, and I find the folding mirrors are a godsend, I have maybe 4 inches clearance in total with the mirrors out. Cars generally have been getting wider, some of the neighbours mondeo class cars dont fit at all even with mirrors folded.

Works multistory is like it too, same era of build, you can only just get 3 cars between the concrete posts...

Although they were a retrofit (Thanks to Nathan) powerfolds make it so easy to get in the garage I'd probably not get a car without them in the future..

Well thats why there an option so every one can tailor their car for personal needs, I park in a 3 car garage with loads of space at each side and when I park in a public space this car is narrow enough to fit in it, my previous car was a Jeep cherokee which took a whole space with inches to spare.
Again this comes down to living in a country with 70 million people trying to co- exist. I don't think anyone dreams about sub compact cars as what they want to drive when they grow up, its been forced on us over the last decade by massive fuel prices.

#22 Jwsturner

Jwsturner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.6 TDCI Titanium 5 door
  • Year: 2009

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

So why am I struggling to get more than about 400 miles per tank? I do drive sensibly due to the high miles. I try and stick to 65mph on cruise. The reason I bought the car was fuel saving. It is due a service in about 3000 miles, so that may help. Is there anything else the dealer can do?

#23 Maleforce

Maleforce

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI 95
  • Year: 2012

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

So why am I struggling to get more than about 400 miles per tank? I do drive sensibly due to the high miles. I try and stick to 65mph on cruise. The reason I bought the car was fuel saving. It is due a service in about 3000 miles, so that may help. Is there anything else the dealer can do?

James if thats all your getting something has to be wrong as you say you drive with care.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users