Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting New Zetec S On Friday - Northamptonshire

coolpics

Am picking up my black 09 reg Focus Zetec S 2.0 Petrol from Forest Gate Kettering on Friday. Friday can't come quickly enough!

Am picking up my black 09 reg Focus Zetec S 2.0 Petrol from Forest Gate Kettering on Friday. Friday can't come quickly enough!

Fantastic feeling mate,

dont forget to upload some pictures of the motor when you get it mate,

and before you take it away from the garage, check the area inside the top of the boot panel for a little brown spot its very common on all mk2 & mk2.5 hatch models i had mine 3 months from new and the rust appeared, see my link in the list below this post for further info on it, but best to point it out to the garage before you drive away in it, if their is anything their to show them which i hope their isint.

but apart from that mate excellent car, are you planning to do any modifications to it?

Thanks for the advice Lenny - will make sure I check it before I leave. Anything else I should be checking?

Thanks for the advice Lenny - will make sure I check it before I leave. Anything else I should be checking?

Not that I’m aware of mate,

The only other thing is a precaution and not an actual fault in design,

It’s to seal the area between the rear spoiler and the boot panel with some silicone,

Because the seal at the top of the boot window and around the rear spoiler bolts, can deteriorate over time and cause the boot to leak,

but if you remove the rear spoiler and line the area with some silicone then bolt it up again,

You won’t need to worry about it ever happening to you. I’ve done it on mine but it wasn’t leaking before I done it.

The other thing is stones from the road stripping the paint from the underside of the side skirts on the front of the car, this is not visible to people walking around or looking at the car from the side, but if you look underneath the car you may spot it,

The only way to prevent this is to fit a set of mud flaps specific to the Zetec S,

I purchased a set from Geoff on eBay, he hasn’t got them listed at the moment but if you email him I’m sure he will make you a set and tell him lenny from fordownersclub.com recommended you to purchase a set of Zetec s flaps from him.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/trade_mac/

all said and done mate its a fantastic car,

ive had mine for a year and a half and ive been on this forum the same length of time and they are all the issues i have ever found, so if you check all of the above then you will have 100% reliability and piece of mind with your excellent looking and performing motor.

For the spoiler sealing read the how to link at the bottom of my signature panel.

Also check for rusting on your wheel arch edges.

1 day to go mate

yes.gif........driving.gif........icon_razz.gif..........photo.gif.........dancing_cat.gif

Now picking it up today at 4 - counting down the hours!

smiley2088.gif

Enjoy the car and please do post up some piccies.

How is the Focus Zs mate?

i think we will have to wait till it runs out of petrol before we get another response from you lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club