probadumbass

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Fiorentino
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2000

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi

I've recently bought a 2000 (X reg) Fiesta Zetec butt just have a couple of niggles with it that I'm hoping arent too difficult to sort..

1) Central locking - I cant unlock the car from my driver side, I can lock it from that side and the passenger side is fine but I just cant unlock from the driver side.

2) Accelerator feels a little "sticky" to me if that makes sense? I dont feel like its a smooth, continuous motion as I accelerate. Its more like it moves in little increments. e.g. a little pressure does nothing, then i can feel it just 'jump' down slightly rather then being a smooth movement.

I'm not sure if im explaining that very well, its probably worth noting that this is my first car too so I'm a complete newbie, hoping to learn some stuff as I go along though so any help really will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,513 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi,
I'd check the door solenoid (locking motor) as they are prone to water getting onto the switches via the door sill seals which perish.
The accelerator pedal problem could be a notchy Throttle Position Sensor.
It's at the top of the pedal and is pretty cheap to replace.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: central locking, accelerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users