Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Couple Of Niggles With My Zetec

probadumbass

Hi

I've recently bought a 2000 (X reg) Fiesta Zetec butt just have a couple of niggles with it that I'm hoping arent too difficult to sort..

1) Central locking - I cant unlock the car from my driver side, I can lock it from that side and the passenger side is fine but I just cant unlock from the driver side.

2) Accelerator feels a little "sticky" to me if that makes sense? I dont feel like its a smooth, continuous motion as I accelerate. Its more like it moves in little increments. e.g. a little pressure does nothing, then i can feel it just 'jump' down slightly rather then being a smooth movement.

I'm not sure if im explaining that very well, its probably worth noting that this is my first car too so I'm a complete newbie, hoping to learn some stuff as I go along though so any help really will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'd check the door solenoid (locking motor) as they are prone to water getting onto the switches via the door sill seals which perish.

The accelerator pedal problem could be a notchy Throttle Position Sensor.

It's at the top of the pedal and is pretty cheap to replace.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club