Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aluminium Pedals

AR-Fiesta

Hi,

I just got my fiesta last week and i'm loving it so far,

Was thinking of buying the ford aluminium pedals of the internet but was just wondering how do you fit them and is it easy ?

because im not to good at DIY....lol

Cheers

I fitted mine a few weeks ago. It's not technically demanding or complicated at all but you do need nimble fingers. The pedals are held on by rubber 'surrounds' - these have large tabs attached which you will need to pull to stretch the surrounds to fit over the pedal. It's tricky and I swore alot, but it one of the easiest things I've done. Brute force and experimentation to find the right angle helps.

Oh, and you will also need to remove the existing pedal rubbers. This is easy, again brute force and ignorance are your friends.

Use a spoon with a rounded handle to flip the rubber edge over.

how much are theses if bought at ford ?

i got £5 off mudflaps so could try for some cheaper ?

Proper alloy pedals from Ford are £50 plus but good quality.

You can get Chinese ones for a few quid but you get what you pay for.

A few of the rubber pads on my brake pedal are wearing down pretty quickly, one of them is flush with the aluminium at the edge. Either I brake too much or the rubber is too soft :rolleyes:.

Proper alloy pedals from Ford are £50 plus but good quality.

You can get Chinese ones for a few quid but you get what you pay for.

I believe I got mine for £45 + free delivery. I'll see if I can find the email receipt to see where from.

EDIT: Found the receipt, and I'm an eejiot - it was £45 ex VAT.

I fitted mine a few weeks ago. It's not technically demanding or complicated at all but you do need nimble fingers. The pedals are held on by rubber 'surrounds' - these have large tabs attached which you will need to pull to stretch the surrounds to fit over the pedal. It's tricky and I swore alot, but it one of the easiest things I've done. Brute force and experimentation to find the right angle helps.

Oh, and you will also need to remove the existing pedal rubbers. This is easy, again brute force and ignorance are your friends.

Thanks mate, il get them ordered in the next couple of days

Another few questions to ask, dont want to start a new topic,

I currently have a white fiesta 1.2 with standard wheel trims, and im hoping to save up and buy some white alloys, im through admiral insurance and was wondering how much extra this would cost ?.....has anyone got a good picture of a white fiesta whit white rims ?

My fiesta is a 12 plate and iv noticed there is no lights under the front when the doors open, is there any way of hooking up my own ? cause was hoping to get red ones in ?

Cheers

im through admiral insurance and was wondering how much extra this would cost ?....

My fiesta is a 12 plate and iv noticed there is no lights under the front when the doors open, is there any way of hooking up my own ? cause was hoping to get red ones in ?

Cheers

Well I'm with Elephant (Who own/are owned by Admiral) and they charged me £20 for my alloys. Always worth asking and I believe they can even sort this out over email. Make sure they get it right though - on my previous car they put the alloys down as transmission modifications. FWIW I'm a 23 y/o with 3 years no claims - my insurance was £400 this year, all mods declared.

On the second point, I believe there is some good information on the boards if you search - I have none as mine came fitted and all I had to do was change the bulbs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club