• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leighfos

leighfos

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: FIEST MK4 LX 97
Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hi guys im hoping that one of you very smart people can please help me with a problem i've been having, my car is a 2000 1.8 climate zetec focus estate - i recently attempted to install a new stereo to my system (ALPINE FLIP SCREEN) half way through the install the radio wouldnt come on at all peviously working realising that i didnt have enough time to fix this i decided to put the stock radio back in until i had time, so i put my stock radio back in entered the code and didnt think anymore to it, i came to my car the day after and noticed when i turned my car on the stereo didnt turn on until i pressed the button, also when i took the igntion keys out the radio stayed on? Im abit of a novice when it comes to stereos i can install by following diagrams thats about it any ideas on this problem, when i switch it on even with the ignition keys in it comes up with the 1 HOUR ONLY notice on the stereo, also ive noticed since this problem my rear windscreen di-mister flashes on then straight off, if anybody could please help i would greatly appreciate it thankyou in advance Leigh

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DaveRushton

DaveRushton

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium TDCi
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

You may of just knocked a wire or something, i would take it all out spend some time on it, then make sure everything is seated correctly

#3 leighfos

leighfos

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: FIEST MK4 LX 97
Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the reply where would you suggest i start sorry i dont know loads about the wiring would i just wiggle the wires around abit? how would i know if something was wrong, thanks Foster.

#4 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

not sure but my car is similar. the 1 hr thing is to stop your battery from going flat.
try to install your stereo again but be careful and try not to trap any wires. you may have also blown a fuse on the stereo - why it didnt come on.
not sure about the demister light....

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ford, Stereo, Focus, Help, problems, igntion, start up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users