Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

How To Remove A Standard Ford Stereo

Zetecspaul

I have a 2007 zetec s fiesta, I wanna install 4x 5" Speakers in my parcel shelf, I can not get to the rear speaker so I'm going to run my cables from my head unit, but I need to get my stereo out and no where sells the proper keys, Halfords told me I av to use the 'proper ford' removing key or it will lock my stereo in! Any ideas anybody??

Go to your local motor factors they should have a set

I no there talkin rubbish!! I've been to local factors n they had nothing, I just can't seem to get hold of them at all, I was hoping to get it dun today instead of waiting for delivery, would the universal 1s work?? They look like they would fit,

The ones I put a link to are exactly the ones you need.

Not sure what you mean by universal?

You could be cheeky and bowl up at a car audio store and ask if they can pop your stereo for you.

You only need the tools to remove not to refit.

I've been n like I said I can't get any from anywhere

Hallfords would remove it for you,

if you have a hallfords store near you.

Your link just brought eBay up nothing else, I search n the 1s I found are 1s with a hoop for the finger to go through, are these right?

If they look like this-

key1.jpg

Then yes.

You need 4, one for each corner.

The 1s halford said would mess my stereo up!! Idiots, I'll buy tomorrow

The keys go in with the flat part of the loop facing outwards.

radio1.jpg

They will clip into place and then you angle the keys out to the edges of the radio to disengage the clips on the radio.

The keys will only come out when the radio is fully removed as they hook onto the clips, just use a fingernail or a small screwdriver to lift the clips clear of the notch.

Quadlock has a hinged loop which you need to piviot up to release.

There is a small lock catch you need to disengage to release the loop.

images2.jpg

Thanks a lot guys I got the stereo out, new question now tho lol, the wiring loom is massive will the cable fit an aftermarket double din stereo??

Yes but you may need an adapter, it will depend on what unit you fit as to what adapter you will need

Loom adapters are readily available just make sure it is one designed for a Ford.

I seem to remember someone on this or another Ford forum had problems with an adaptor and later found out is was a Vauxhall (spit) one, the wires were all wrong but the connector was the same.

Also if you intend to keep your steering column remote active an adaptor unit is required too.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club