Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Centre Console Media Player Advice.

o0sparky0o

Hi. I'm a new focus owner and just purchased a 2010 Focus Zetec S 3 Door in white and absolutely love it.

I'm wanting to upgrade the centre media system and have a double din player with DVD, sat nav etc. whilst looking I came across these on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-DIN-DVD-player-Ford-Focus-mondeo-S-Max-GPS-Navigation-radio-Bluetooth-USB-/220994586462?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item33744dc75e#ht_10551wt_828

Has anyone got one of these or has any advice?

Another quick question, if I purchase a new centre console will all my voice control features still work along with bluetooth phone calls?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi. I'm a new focus owner and just purchased a 2010 Focus Zetec S 3 Door in white and absolutely love it.

I'm wanting to upgrade the centre media system and have a double din player with DVD, sat nav etc. whilst looking I came across these on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_10551wt_828

Has anyone got one of these or has any advice?

Another quick question, if I purchase a new centre console will all my voice control features still work along with Bluetooth phone calls?

Many thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

welcome to the forum, when you get a momment upload some pictures of your motor to an image storage site such as photobucket, then link them to the forum here, also check out DMB graphics for some badge overlays,

the bluetooth you currently have in the car is a seperate unit that is fitted under the dash and above the glove box, it also operates the voice control, and if you purchase a ford mondeo stereo such as the sony 6cd model, it wont be compatable with your bluetooth or voice control, the only stereo's that you can use that will communicate with your bluetooth and voice control system is the ford focus sony stereos from september 2008 onwards and the ford 6000cd from deptember 2008 onwards, i found this out the hard way mate as i have a 2010 focus and im on my third sony stereo and its from a 2007 focus so the bluetooth or voice control dont work with it.

and the other unit you had linked too, it uses its own intermnal microphone and bluetooth system so the calling features may be difficult for the person on the other end of the phone to hear you, im not 100% sure but they are a very nice looking system.

also see my list of guides below this post for some modifications.

Hi mate and welcome,

I have a Zetec S in white too :) although I have the 5 door. Best colour in my opinion :D

I am currently in the same position, looking for a replacement stereo with a Sat Nav system.

There are lots on eBay and other sites, if you want top quality and can afford it go for the Zenec ZE-NC3810.

They are a German company so guaranteed quality and it works with all original functions except the voice control.

The one I am looking at ATM is this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220970938253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_13398wt_1270

It is a lot cheaper, got a quote for £307 with the reversing camera system. Think I will buy this sometime next week as I cant afford the Zenec

Hope this helps :)

Haz

Haz,

Can u let me know how u get on if you ho ahead and buy this please? Looking at this myself. I got the sony player in my focus 2008 but have no bluetooth or usb just the aux in glovebox, the sony unit i have was manufactured in 2007.

Cheers

I had one of these chineese units in my Passat B6 for 2 years and never any trouble. There was an external microphone jack at the rear for the bluetooth to boost the quality.

You can buy direct from them no problem.

See link below..........

http://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=100440675

@greggp

I will probably do a fitment guide once I have fitted the new stereo, and then report back on the system :)

@richiemac

Thanks for the link, are they the manufacturer of the majority of the eBay ones then? I will email them to see if it's any cheaper

I'm looking for something similar, mainly with a reverse camera input (bluetooth and sat nav not vital) but for an early 2006 model with 6000cd that takes radio keys.

Any idea?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club