Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing An Amp - Advice Needed

salsheikh

Guys,

i have an active Vibe 12" kit (built in amp) and wanted to know where's best to route the amp wire from the battery through the firewall. I had a look into the engine bay and wasnt sure of the best gromet or any gromet to use.

Pics would be great.

Hi

I ran the power cable from my battery up the nsf wing (3 nuts to undo) in through the passenger door shut follow the door rubber down and under the plastic kick trims inside the door, under the back seat into the boot. Just make sure the cable is not tight or pinched anywhere. Took about half an hour. The remote feed and rca leads drop down behind the stereo and then you can run them under the centre console and under the back seats again! its also easy to strip out when you sell the car.

Thanks for the info Jym, although i'll probably leave the wiring in place if i sell the car !

im sure there is a 12v power cable located in the boot section that you can use to power your amp saving you alot of time and grief...

im sure there is a 12v power cable located in the boot section that you can use to power your amp saving you alot of time and grief...

Ow yes their is :D

behind the panel on the right hand side of the boot is an orange cable with a live 12volts coming from it,

see a picture of it in my guide listed below this post, on fitting an additional 12v socket in the boot of your focus. if your taking a feed from it id recommend using some 15 or 20 amp cable with a male spade connector on the end and plug it in to the orange plug that is currently on the end of the orange feed in the car behind the panel,

then connect the other end of the 15 or 20 amp cable to your amp

http://www.fordowner...oot-focus-mk25/

i saw the 12v feed but i am not keen on using it. the normal amp power cables are a lot more thicker to deal with the juice required and i have a free wiring kit so will use that. the orange cable would probably melt!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club