Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Paul Gilbert

Sat Nav Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, i wonder if you could help me with a problem with Blaunpunkt 7" touchscreen sat nav on a 58 st i got 2 months ago.

When i got it the sat nav never worked, it just said "Please insert original data carrier"

The dealer (not main dealership) i got it from said he would get me a new disk.

A month went bye and i spotted a 2008 disk for sale so i got it.

Went into secret menu to put disk in and there was a 2008 disk in there allready, ok a little scratched so i thought new disk would work. Put it in but still same error (.gif

Got back intouch with dealer and a few days later a 2010 disk turned up. Put it in but still same error (.gif

Had a look at sw/hw and it said the this.

MAIN_VER_SW: 0905_090802

REG_VERSION: DI_SWNAVI6.4C1P7.3

NAV_VER_SW: unknown

I then found the firmware updates so i tried them. I tried 5.1 update 5.3 update and even 5.0 update, which all updated/downgraded fine, but i always have the "please insert original data carrier" and "NAV_VER_SW: unknown" errors no matter what nav disk i put in.

I have been intouch with dealer with no success yet plus they are about 120 miles away from me without any local branches.

Has anyone had this error or know a way to get it working?

Thanks Paul.

Perhaps the actual drive for the satnav disc is faulty , do you here the drive spin up?

I would go back to the garage and ask them to rectify the fault