Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: Lenny "is Your Focus Rusting?"

jordan_macgregor

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd say - i went up to Macklin Motors in Dunfemline [Ford] today to book in for an MOT and service. I also asked about a couple of rust patches that had developed through no fault of mine.

The first one was the one that Lenny [i think] has written a guide on - the patch just as you open the boot, where the washer hose rubs against the paint - anyways, the guy from the body shop said that it should be fixed under warranty no problem, he also said that he has seen much less done under warranty on the body - jackpot!

Also, i have a patch as highlighted in the attached photo - just at the bottom of the metal part of the wheel arch - the guy from the body shop also said that this is common on the ST Models also from 2008> [well, at Macklin Motors Dunfermline]. And...also said that this should get fixed under warranty no problleemmmooo - one happy customer because to be honnest i was kind of gearnig myself up for having to 'argue' about who was paying for it. Apparantly, the rust here is caused by when the laquer is applied to the paint - when they attach the plastic part of the bumper - as the car moves, it rubs against the 'too much laquer' and wears it away and eventually causes it to rust.

Hope this helps somebody....

I'll post up when the work actually gets done [hopefully end of May beginning of June]!

post-15199-0-43309600-1335989993_thumb.j

Nice one mate,

glad to see someone getting somewhere with the problem, and glad you have found a ford dealer that acknowledges the rust as a fault in design instead of denying any knowledge like my local one lol

Nice one mate,

glad to see someone getting somewhere with the problem, and glad you have found a ford dealer that acknowledges the rust as a fault in design instead of denying any knowledge like my local one lol

Ayye..thats pretty poor on your dealers part like, im jst glad they're getting sorted! My old fiesta [Y/2001] as riddled with rust and it was horrible, didnt want the same already on a car thats only 4-year old!

Cheers though Lenny...

Ayye..thats pretty poor on your dealers part like, im jst glad they're getting sorted! My old fiesta [Y/2001] as riddled with rust and it was horrible, didnt want the same already on a car thats only 4-year old!

Cheers though Lenny...

No problem mate,

and your dealer had the correct approach to you regarding the issue,

so i would be confident that they will fix it correctly and not just paint over the rust,

My local dealer denied any knowledge of the fault in design and told me to get some laminate film and stick it over the scuff area by myself, thats why i didnt argue with my local dealer because i feel if i did argue,

then they would take it in for me and just paint over the rust as it would be the cheapest option and would also shut me up.

so i went to my local body shop and paid him 30 quid instead, then he's happy and im happy in the peace of mind that he has done what i paid him to do.

Jordan, you say that your getting it done under warranty?

just to check 12-08 = 4 years old car? I thought Ford Warranty was 3 years? or is this a pain protection warranty seperated from the standard warranty?

I bought a new 3yr warranty with the car and i think your right aswell i think fords have a 5 or 7 year warranty on certain stuff to do with the bodywork/paint - it tells you in the vehicle warranty book

• 1 month later...

Just an update, finally got hold of the bodywork guy in Dunfermline today and he has taken photos of the patches i want seen to and will send them off to ford, he said that hopefullly this is just a formality and that it should get sorted no problemo,

He said it would take a week or so to hear back though, so agan, i'll post anther update though, fingers crossed!

• 3 months later...

Ok so its only been like 4 months - and i have finally had the time to just go up to the garage and confront them - their reply -

"the bodyshop wasnt proving viable so it's now closed" - brilliant

So, their suggestion is that i contact another local Ford Dealer with a body shop and start again, ugghhhh...here we go again...

"the bodyshop wasnt proving viable so it's now closed" - brilliant

Probably because they're too expensive and have bad customer care skills.

the nearest is 30 miles away at the far end of edinburgh ive already had this discussion when i was in about my faulty spoiler thats still under warranty and was told ide have to go to edinburgh by the coast at the far end to have it looked at called them and they say they will require the car to be left but have no courtesy cars end result i sourced another spoiler

the nearest is 30 miles away at the far end of edinburgh ive already had this discussion when i was in about my faulty spoiler thats still under warranty and was told ide have to go to edinburgh by the coast at the far end to have it looked at called them and they say they will require the car to be left but have no courtesy cars end result i sourced another spoiler

i got in touch with the Peoples Ford garage in Falkirk and they said they will have a look at it, although iv got quite a busy peiod coming up and probably wont be able to get them to look at it for a couple of weeks

still hope i'll get it sorted though..

• 1 month later...

Ohhh yeahhh...got a call from the Falkirk Peoples garage, they are HAPPY to carry out the repairs, just need to book it in now! Jakcpot!!

Your lucky, ford state paint work only has a 1 year warranty from new

be carefull yes they are happy to do the work and at the end hand you a bill stating ford will not pay for it and you were aware the paint warranty was only 1 year also they only use a touch up kit for that small patch so it will be back within 6 months

i got given the touch up kit for free lol they gave me the usual spill about they have never heard about it before blar blar blar... within 5mins the guy had the touch up pen fixing the problem lol