Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Juddering On Pulling Away.

dannyb

Hi all, just bought a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and it has a problem pulling away. On setting off I find its a challenge to pull away smoothly and have to rev more than I feel is necessary and it feels sluggish for a second. Once it gets going its ok, but the problem is, I have nothing to compare it too as regards to its actual performance, my old car was a 2ltr hid and our other car is a 1.9tdi. When going up hills for example, it struggles a little. Am I expecting too much in the performance of the engine? When reversing up my driveway, which is a little steep, it judders a little, which I would imagine would be linked to the issues pulling away.

I have read a few things about flywheels, clutches etc, but nothing too specific to my symptoms.

Thanks

Danny

• 1 year later...

Could well be a choked up EGR valve, or maybe faulty injector seals. Every post I've read mentions injector seals. Seems pretty common with this motor. I'm gonna remove the EGR valve on mine and clean it to see if that makes any difference.

When was the last decent service? Dirty air and fuel filters can often cause this issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club