#1 dannyb

dannyb

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi all, just bought a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and it has a problem pulling away. On setting off I find its a challenge to pull away smoothly and have to rev more than I feel is necessary and it feels sluggish for a second. Once it gets going its ok, but the problem is, I have nothing to compare it too as regards to its actual performance, my old car was a 2ltr hid and our other car is a 1.9tdi. When going up hills for example, it struggles a little. Am I expecting too much in the performance of the engine? When reversing up my driveway, which is a little steep, it judders a little, which I would imagine would be linked to the issues pulling away.

I have read a few things about flywheels, clutches etc, but nothing too specific to my symptoms.

Thanks
Danny

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 trebor1411

trebor1411

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Could well be a choked up EGR valve, or maybe faulty injector seals. Every post I've read mentions injector seals. Seems pretty common with this motor. I'm gonna remove the EGR valve on mine and clean it to see if that makes any difference.

#3 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,984 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

When was the last decent service? Dirty air and fuel filters can often cause this issue.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users