Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Rear Boot Lock And Handle Replacement

Broadway

Hi are there any instructions to show how to change the rear boot handle mechanism for an 06 Focus. Changed my latch but boot will still not release on the handle stops working 50 percent of the time....

Hi are there any instructions to show how to change the rear boot handle mechanism for an 06 Focus. Changed my latch but boot will still not release on the handle stops working 50 percent of the time....

if its the same as the mk2.5 mate, which im guessing it will be in principle,

then you remove the inside cover of the boot door, to reveal access to six M6 nuts that are holding on the boot handle,

undo the six nuts and their are two clips left gripping the panel to the boot so squeese and push them out towards the panel.

thats it done mate.

do you have a replacment handle mechanism yet mate ?

i have one that is 6 months old from a mk2.5 selling it for £30 including postage if your interested.

Image1787.jpg

Image1784.jpg

KGrHqFg8E5oNCy3JHBOby6u8Kw60_12.jpg

Thanks for your comments I have a major frustration, replaced boot latch and boot switch on 06 focus, get this damn intermittent non working problem. Do not know what to check next

Thanks for your comments I have a major frustration, replaced boot latch and boot switch on 06 focus, get this damn intermittent non working problem. Do not know what to check next

you could try changing the relay for the boot mate,

im not sure if its in the engine bay fuse box but if you lift the lid on it and look under the lid, their is a diagram printed of each relay and what its for.

calm down 'Leonard'

• 4 years later...

Anyone know where i can get a replacement?  The "chrome" plate has snapped off the brackets on mine.  The cheapest i have found so far is about £140 which i cant believe for a cheap bit of plastic.  All the electrics are fine so i will just reuse those its just the chrome plate.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club