Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Focus Tddi Bicentenarian

Teribus

Hello all.

Thought I would share some pictures of my Focus TDDi Zetec, the "Bicentenarian". Some of these may have been posted here before. If that's the case, I apologise.

Some of you will recognise my car, anyone who's been a member of the FFOC for a while will know it. I say "for a while" as I stopped using the FFOC. Trying to get into the club scene again, so here I am.

My car stayed more-or-less the same for a good while, but the last 12 months have seen some big changes. Sadly, one of those is the onset of rust, I am currently in the process of getting that all sorted out. First up will be a replacement tailgate (again, long-time members of FFOC will recognise it...). Then I need to source some replacement doors due to rust on the bottom lips. However, those aside, here are the changes that have happened over the past 12 months:

*installation of oil pressure and boost gauges. Still an unfinished project as I need to finish filling and sanding the housing and get it painted

*installation of a full black leather Recaro interior from an ST170, with heated front seats, and the drivers seat electrically height adjustable

*Replacing my tail lights with Ultra LED "techno" lights, the smoked variety

*Refurbing my alloy wheels to black

On the to-do list are:

*Getting the tailgate I have acquired painted and fitted to the car

*Replacing my headlights - thinking of going for some ST170 headlights, with clear indicators of course!

*Replacing my rusty doors (3 out of 4 of them are rotten).

Anyway, enough talk, here are the pics

Lovely black leather recaros

2011-10-28155017.jpg

2011-10-30151130.jpg

2011-10-30151116.jpg

2011-10-30124749.jpg

2011-10-30151201.jpg

oil and Boost gauge

2011-09-03142220.jpg

2011-09-03124740.jpg

Tail lights

2012-01-28102926.jpg

2012-01-28100451.jpg

2012-01-28191315.jpg

Alloy refurb - I am undecided whether to go with black bump strips or not, hence why only one side is done. I didn't paint them, all I did was stick some black vinyl on them. Quite happy with the centre cap decals as well :)

2012-03-24183920.jpg

2012-03-25110559.jpg

2012-03-25185221.jpg

2012-04-02160518.jpg

2012-04-13120918.jpg

My mother-in-law is an avid quilter, here's an example of her handiwork

2011-09-03142147.jpg

So, who does recognise this boot? It will change slightly before it's fitted to my car...

2012-04-04171116.jpg

I plan to change my headlights. Over a year ago, I installed some LEDs in as sidelights, but they are quickly dying out, and I am NOT opening these up again!

2011-09-14200651.jpg

I don't know how this got in there...

2012-04-07193506.jpg

And my cats seem to like my car...

2012-03-21164144.jpg

2012-03-24165520.jpg

Any comments welcome

-T

Looks very nice m8

Nice work their mate,

i see your car has become a bit of a !Removed! magnet already :lol:

if like me, you find that your gauges are a little too bright when driving at night, then see my guide on fitting a auto dimmer to their illumination, its in my list of guides on my signature,

Thanks for the comments.

I can't say I find my gauges too bright at night. However, mine are illuminated by an ignition feed - the same feed which powers the oil pressure gauge up, which means any voltage fluctuations would alter the reading it gives :( However, as I say I don't find mine too bright.

All that said, I do have some DRLs to fit to my Focus, and I have that very GenLabs relay to power them

-T

Thanks for the comments.

I can't say I find my gauges too bright at night. However, mine are illuminated by an ignition feed - the same feed which powers the oil pressure gauge up, which means any voltage fluctuations would alter the reading it gives :( However, as I say I don't find mine too bright.

All that said, I do have some DRLs to fit to my Focus, and I have that very GenLabs relay to power them

-T

Nice one mate,

the Genlabs unit is a good little piece of kit, and your gauges are smoked so it may take the glare off the light at night,

have you considered spraying your rear view mirror to match the car too mate, since your car is white it would look the business.

I had not considered painting my interior mirror. The only thing I had considered for my interior mirror would be to swap it for an auto dimming unit from a MK3 Mondeo. It's not really something I had considered as a styling piece for my car!

-T

I had not considered painting my interior mirror. The only thing I had considered for my interior mirror would be to swap it for an auto dimming unit from a MK3 Mondeo. It's not really something I had considered as a styling piece for my car!

-T

if you do decide to do it mate ive done a guide on it with a downloadable PDF in it,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/22192-spraying-rear-view-mirror/page__pid__125448

i personally think it looks good on white or silver cars.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club