Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Kevin Hunter

Mondeo Dec 2007

4 posts in this topic

Hi

My new shape Mondeo is having a problem, its just over 1 year old, Titanium X (if it matters) and I've owned the car for a week, within that week its been in Ford for 6 days!!

The ABS, Brake and Stability lights are coming on the dash, the delear says its an electrical intermittent fault which they cant find. Ford are telling the dealer checks to perform which they do then they have to go back to Ford for further tests, surely they must have a fault process to follow?

No body at teh dealer is spending there full time on the car as they are also doing other work at the same time due to waiting for Ford to come back to them, basically I'm getting nowhere!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

you are not the only person with this fault i know of at least two other cases which were tracked down to a dodgy wheel sensor.

Its the ABS control unit and on back order at Ford could be 2 weeks or 2 months, now owned car 2 weeks and been in it for 24 hours max. Will never buy Ford again the service from the dealer and Ford Customer Service is a joke.

Hi, i recently had to diagnose a jag s type for a local dealer, abs light on jag dealer coudn't sort it, i did it in 5 mins prob with abs control unit.. ford and jag sharing parts!!!

steve