Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Wrap Or Not To Wrap?

Envyus

Am loving how this turns out fellas!

Can anyone advise how you would go about cutting out holes? I am thinking of trying this myself and dont want to mess it up :P.

Also where do you guy's get your wrap from?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envyus

• Mike77

• artscot79

• Lenny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to do the holes theres 2ways first is to cut the inside of the hole in half then half again like a pie then you can heat and fold the wrap to the rear of the fascia or get a very sharp stanley blade or craft knife and cut the hole from the rear.wrap eBay search bubble free wrap

thats a fair price mate

To get the best results from the holes heat the area and smooth the wrap into the area before cutting - it will stick to the sides as it stretches over then you can make the cuts - like a pie as mentioned - i made many cuts around the circle and found this gave a smooth wrap over the edges. Just use heat and if you go wrong heat it back up and start over.

Heres my centre console carbon wrapped - never tried it before and found it fairly easy - hairdryer and craft knife - doesn't take long either!

focusconsole-after.jpg

HI

i'm thinking of doing this around the silver/grey trim around the gearstick handbrake part of the centre console. does this bit of trim come off? mines is the mk2.5 focus as in the above pic

Ther are two TX20 (I think - might be TX25) screws in the arm rest that you undo and one under the little map in cup holders then you just pull the whole console out - you cant remove the silver trim from the rest becasue it has plastic welded rivets so you just wrap it in situ - heating and stretching over curves and CAREFULLY cutting the wrap where it is close to the trim. The silver holder of the garstick gator and the lighter come out so you dont have to be so fussy with the finish there.

Using a blunt, thin object - I used the back of a dinner knife - you can push the slight excess inbetween seems and that gives a great finish.

Thanks alot for contributing to this thread fellas! Plenty of useful info in here for all now.

Just been in touch with my wrapped and he says he will if I want it done smoke my headlights and rear lights for £20 a light so £80 all round.

What would you fellas say to this?

He took a picture he did today of a T5 and it looked mint, do you think it would look smart of a Vision Blue focus?

id be careful having the lenses smoked the rears should be fine but the headlights may not be we used to do it with the vags and it looked smart but the m.o.t guy failed the car as the film refracted the light or summat

Thanks bud I'll bear that in mind.

I am goig to make sure though that if I do go down this route that I keep within the light requirements before I do make any desicions.

I did a quick mess around in photoshop, what do you guys think looks best, before/after.

Before:

34ozzsx.png

After:

2hs4utz.png

Have a look on eBay I got a 1500mm by 1500mm sheet for a tenner with postage and there's loads of colours.

Do you tihnk they look better in the photoshopped pic? (the headlights)

Do you tihnk they look better in the photoshopped pic? (the headlights)

yes mate,

i think they do look good, but ive spoke to one guy who had tinted is mk2 headlights and said quote:

''the filmlooks great on the car but can make it fun seeing at night being completely honest! and even worse in heavy rain! as the rain sticks in the wee holes but im hardly out when its badly raining or at night so doesnt bother me too much.''

im not sure if the mk2.5 headlights have better bulbs or light output than the mk2 mate but i suppose you could try it for yourself and see.

and here is his focus in real pictures these are not photoshop models :

_DSC1729.jpg

_DSC1654.jpg

_DSC1644.jpg

_DSC1672.jpg

Thanks alot Lenny for finding that out! That really does look nice indeed!!

Yeah light could be an issue so not so sure now.

Thanks alot Lenny for finding that out! That really does look nice indeed!!

Yeah light could be an issue so not so sure now.

i reckon its still worth a try mate,

he didnt indicate (parden the Pun)

he didnt indicate as to what type of bulbs he has fitted in the units to counteract the film.

Yeah going to get them done, will post pics once they are sorted.

Quick one guys, back onto the wrapping theme, i've ordered some stuff, just wanted to know if I have to remove the radio to get the fascia panel off on a 2006 mk2 model. Tried with a blunt knife earlier but it seems to be trying to move the radio too ? If I do need to remove the radio, is there any alternative to using propper radio removal pins ? Cheers in advance, Mike.

To remove a MK2 radio fascia you need to pull the radio out first.

Proper tools are needed as the radio clips are pretty much impossible to disengage without them.

The fascia is held in place with 2 torx screws either side of the radio slot and some clips lower down to hold the fascia to the vent controls.

Watch this youtube clip for proper instructions.

It's for fitting an aftermarket radio but the removal routine is what you need to do.

The radio connector in the clip is different to the European one but here's a pic on how to remove it - flick the small catch and then swing the clamp up to disengage the connector.

images2.jpg

Above all--- Make sure you have the radio security code before removing your radio.

Cheers Stoney :) will have to go buy some removal pins then lol, always something to keep me entertained.

Welcome Mike,

Here to help.

post-31330-0-67547100-1336995878_thumb.jpost-31330-0-14471700-1336995887_thumb.jpost-31330-0-06904000-1336995882_thumb.jLads I did a bit of carbon wrapping the weekend myself, I got a roll of bubble free wrap for 13euro which is about 10pound. I am going to get more to do the side mirrors and the radio fascia. What do ye think of the mods done?

post-31330-0-67547100-1336995878_thumb.jpost-31330-0-14471700-1336995887_thumb.jpost-31330-0-06904000-1336995882_thumb.jLads I did a bit of carbon wrapping the weekend myself, I got a roll of bubble free wrap for 13euro which is about 10pound. I am going to get more to do the side mirrors and the radio fascia. What do ye think of the mods done?

you need to update your avitar picture of the car to reflect your modifications mate.

Yeah i will do that, got lazy :-)

Looking sweet buddy!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club