• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Envyus

• Mike77

• Lenny

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question guys,,,, started with the weapping, going good up to now. I want to do the silver spokes on my steering wheel, does any1 know how to get the bottom one off (3 spoke wheel) ? Also, does any1 know if the top part of the dash comes out complete,,,, Meaning the bit with the storage bin, and the rest of the plastic attatched to it ? Regards, Mike.

I was curious as to Mikes question also regarding the steering wheel

Can anyone advise if they have purchased from this website before and if they think the prices seem fair please.

http://justcarbon.co.uk/

The stuff I bought was £18 odd for a sheet 1500mm x 500mm and its the bubble free 3M stuff, I guess there is cheaper, but im very happy with the product.

The stuff I bought was £18 odd for a sheet 1500mm x 500mm and its the bubble free 3M stuff, I guess there is cheaper, but im very happy with the product.

Did you find that size sheet did a decent ammount Mike?

Edit: Just to make sure I had enough for all my mods just ordered a length: 600mmx4000mm.

The bottom steering wheel trim is in 2 pieces. Remove the back first then the front.

There's a pin between the 2 parts.

Dash is all one piece unless you have the dash storage tray or the ST pods.

Edit: Just to make sure I had enough for all my mods just ordered a length: 600mmx4000mm.

It was easliy enough for the bits I want to cover, seems bigger when its all unrolled.

The bottom steering wheel trim is in 2 pieces. Remove the back first then the front.

There's a pin between the 2 parts.

Dash is all one piece unless you have the dash storage tray or the ST pods.

Stoney,,,, does the back piece of the steering wheel thing just pull off ??? And regarding the dash,, mine has the storage bin, then around that there is a plain bit of the same type of plastic which stretches right over the top of the speedo dials...... Does this all come out ? And if so, HOW ??? :rolleyes:

It was easliy enough for the bits I want to cover, seems bigger when its all unrolled.

Stoney,,,, does the back piece of the steering wheel thing just pull off ??? And regarding the dash,, mine has the storage bin, then around that there is a plain bit of the same type of plastic which stretches right over the top of the speedo dials...... Does this all come out ? And if so, HOW ??? :rolleyes:

the section spanning over the speedo cluster does come out,

but it has seven spring pins holding it in place, so you would need to remove the speedo cluster and then reach in to squeeze them and push them upwards,

see my guide to fitting the st pod in the list below this post.

you will see images of the panel you are talking about removing and wrapping.

Ouch, lol, was hoping it was just a case of popping a screwdriver in and popping it out :unsure: Cant even do the radio panel yet as my removal pins have'nt arrived yet, and to make matters worse, the Mrs is out tonight so could have got on with things in an 'ear ache' free environment :ph34r:

Just need Stoney to get back to me now with how to remove the bottom steering wheel trim, them I can at least do them bits lol.

Far as i'm aware the rear trim piece just unclips but has a clip which holds a pin on the front piece.

They should come off with a good pull, may need a bit of assistance with a wide blade screwdriver.

There are stick on carbon covers on eBay too that saves you yanking the other ones off if need be.

What do you intend on wrapping mate? I got a roll of 1520mm x 500mm, and i god my hole spoiler done the steering wheel and near the gear stick as seen and ive still a bit left, goin to do my rear view mirror aswell

What do you intend on wrapping mate? I got a roll of 1520mm x 500mm, and i god my hole spoiler done the steering wheel and near the gear stick as seen and ive still a bit left, goin to do my rear view mirror aswell

Thats a good ammount wrapped then mate!

Nice job on completing all of those parts, I am hoping I can pull it off as I normally don't have the patience :P.

Be sure to keep us updated with pics :).

I plan on wrapping my center console, radio facia, external door pillars, glove box handle, steering wheel, engine bay battery cover and the door arm rests. Once I have done those parts I'll then see what else to tackle.

Oh then I plan on gun smoking out my front and rear headlights but that will be with different vinyl.

• 1 year later...

did mine silver as everyone seems to be doing black carbon so i went a bit different glovebox handle and rear inside door handles are done as well as the battery box and engine bay fusebox cover.the silver works with my interior black would just have been too dark for me next step was to get the oval sony stereo though seeing the prices and with a baby on the way sod it the one in will do though does anyone know if i can fit usb to it attachicon.gifinterior.JPG

Hi artscot79

Just wondered if you could remember where/who you got the silver carbon vinyl from as you seem to have got a top notch top done on your trim there and trying to find someone who seems reliable as a seller is a pain :( just dont mine in brushed aluminium but am not really happy with how it looks so am looking to swap to silver carbon.

cheers bud if you can remember :D