Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Shock Spring Replacement

LoneWolf

Hi

Long time since i have posted

i was wondering if anybody has replaced the shock springs on a fusion before and if there is anything i need to be aware of. snapped on this morning by going over a speed hump 5mph "been a long time coming"

any advice would be great

Thanks in advance

LoneWolf

• 1 month later...

Hi Lonewolf

How many miles has your car covered and what condition are those shock absorbers in.

Getting the springs off might be very difficult and also very dangerous.

If the shocks were fine before the spring went i would obtain some new oem springs and take the complete unit to a garage and ask them to remove the old springs and install the new springs for you.

That way you dont put yourself in any danger of being killed by a compressed spring. and believe me it has happened before.

Jamie

Hi Lonewolf

How many miles has your car covered and what condition are those shock absorbers in.

Getting the springs off might be very difficult and also very dangerous.

If the shocks were fine before the spring went i would obtain some new oem springs and take the complete unit to a garage and ask them to remove the old springs and install the new springs for you.

That way you dont put yourself in any danger of being killed by a compressed spring. and believe me it has happened before.

Jamie

yes im with jamie even with the right equipment these can be tricky for the good diy man...take it to the garage they will have a good spring compressor and it will take a hour a side tops...you wouldent believe how much you have to compress some springs to get them back in the leg!

its not a difficult task with the right equipment but as the other guys have said you would be best taking the assembly to a garage and asking them to swap the spring over.

I used to use the threaded bar type compressors with the claws on the end, after having a close shave with them i have since bought a hydraulic unit - as i said though, unless you intend to do it often then dont bother tbh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club