Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Set Of Keys

John Plumtree

sorry if i have posted in wrong place new to forum.I have just bought a 2001(y)focus saloon.The problem is i only have 1 remote key and i need a spare key,it doesnt have to be remote aslong as it opens the car and starts it.could someone please advice me how i go about it,as i know they have to be chipped or coded.do i go to ford dealers and how much will it cost please?thank you for reading

There are mobile key cutters that will do the job for you, not sure on price but a rough idea is, my last car, 2003 fiesta, I was quoted 80 quid for a 3 button keyfob, all programmed and ready to go, so it should be cheaper than that.

• 3 weeks later...

i brought a 3 button fob with new blade of eBay last week for my focus £20 then went to a key shop located in a morrisons near me and he cut the key re chipped and programmed it for £20 so combined £40 dont hold me to this cause im only repeating what the guy said but ford will charge around the £150-£250 mark