• 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

matkinson89

Ford Focus St170 Heater Controls Dismantle

1 post in this topic

Afternoon all

Well Im finally there - Ive converted all switches, buttons & Dials in my car from green (yuk!) to blue (yay!) apart from 1 set - The Heater conrols

I got the bulbs and put them in behind the heater controls and as expectred theres some green diffuser film or something ON the controls, im trying to get into the box that the dials are housed in so I can change the colour - make it white or whatever but I cannot for the life of me get 2 plugs out of the controls (plugged into the temp/fan settings) Ive managed to pull all other plugs out (easy as...) but these 2 will not come out - Ive not pulled too hard coz I dont want to break the controls but I can't believe that its just me not pulling hard enough - Is there a clip, a knack, a majic word I have utter before these plugs will come out (yes ive tried swearing at it too)

If anyone has any information on that itd be very much appreciated - On the same note I'm right in thinking that behind the controls is just some green diffuser paper or something arnt i?

Thanks again in advance

Matt

P.S ive added a picture of the little begger that im trying to get into

post-30161-0-31016700-1336484071_thumb.j