Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Get A Remap

dogrosie

Hey all.

The car:

Focus MK2 57 reg Ghia 78,000 miles 2.0TDCI Non-DPF

Car in good nick but all engine parts are the originals still.

I am looking to get a remap for more power, better pick up from low revs and a touch better economy.

I have found that Bluefin are on offer at the moment for £327 inc. VAT and postage. They seem to have a good reputation.

Any other companies come recommended? I am wary that many maps claim silly hp figures and/or can damage an engine.

Elephant wanted £150 EXTRA per year for a remap up to 25hp (over this they won't insure) - I am 24 with 6.5 years driving and 2 years ncb!

Bluefin put the Focus on a rolling road and got 150hp standard. There is a video review of a Passat 140 tdi that was similar. It seems cars make a bit more power than they are sold as.

Thanks

Matt

I put bluefin on my 1.8 MK2 and got 148bhp.

Runs like a champ.

Sounds good :-)

Did the Bluefin graph show yours making more power than it should before the remap? Their graph says 152hp yet the 2.0TDCI is supposed to make 136hp.

Mine was rated at 117bhp before modification.

Now independently recorded at an average of 148.

• 1 month later...

whats better with a remap? the bluefin or having a ecu remap..isnt a bluefin thats always plugged into the !Removed! lighter?

whats better with a remap? the bluefin or having a ecu remap..isnt a bluefin thats always plugged into the !Removed! lighter?

A bluefin is basically a fault reader type device.

You plug it into the data port while loading the map and remove afterwards.

The beauty of bluefin is that you can reset the ECU to standard and reload the map whenever you want.

ah thats handy then changing it to when u want it. does seem alot of money for the bluefin when a proper remap is cheaper im sure,

thanks for the info tho pal. do u enjoy yours with the bluefin in?

im undecicive on this..... i want a re-map but unsure, a lad on here mentioned blue fin, but im unsure and just want a obd2 re-map, dont want figures just over-all better driving experience, but more torq would be great.... im thinking about here http://www.ecuremapping.co.uk/

Better torque and BHP.

Fuel economy is marginally better too.

ah thats handy then changing it to when u want it. does seem alot of money for the bluefin when a proper remap is cheaper im sure,

thanks for the info tho pal. do u enjoy yours with the bluefin in?

Oh yeah ;)

A decent remap is only a bit cheaper but is fixed with no ability to reverse once done.

With the bluefin you have a good quality fault reader to keep too.

bluefin just a chip then? what is it? where does it go? or is it a ecu re-map?

bluefin just a chip then? what is it? where does it go? or is it a ecu re-map?

It's an ECU map.

You buy the unit and plug into the OBD port and it saves a copy of your current map.

You send it to Superchips and they tweak it and send it back.

When you load it to the car you then take it for a good drive to bed the code in and job done.

When i did mine they sent me 3 different levels of map to work up through until I found my optimal setting.

Have mine mapped also, then rolling road , putting out 149 bhp and bags of torque.....fuel economy....not much difference really but on long runs definately 3-4 mpg better if not more than i was getting...........highly recommend getting it done. Makes the car much easier to drive with the horrible flat spots removed. Rich :)

Best money I've ever spent on a car.

OP, why dont you try R-Tech in Hinckley, Leics as he does custom remaps so can do a map to suit you.

just had a look at websites, and what they say my gain will be from a remap/bluefin.

on a remap i will only get 12 more bhp

and on a bluefin 9 bhp...which is not alot for the money you would be spending.

I don't mean to needlessly bump this thread, but I'm curious about getting a bluefin map for my new focus sport. However, bluefin only have a chip for ones up to 2005 plate. Would a focus 05 map work on my 06 plate sport?

I don't mean to needlessly bump this thread, but I'm curious about getting a bluefin map for my new focus sport. However, bluefin only have a chip for ones up to 2005 plate. Would a focus 05 map work on my 06 plate sport?

As long as it a Mk2 I don't think there will be a problem.

May I suggest you give them a call.

They're very helpful.

You have proved very helpful again Stoney, cheers :). Is it worth chipping the 1.6 in your opinion? From what I drove of it today, it didn't seem short on power.

Also completely unrelated, but I found it rather interesting how the speedometer went up to 150mph in the Focus Sport. Seems a tad "optimistic" :)

Optimistic? Maybe but we can pretend.

The remap will pretty much eliminate any turbo lag in low revs and get the car up to speed better after junctions etc.

Btw i'm here to help in any way I can with my limited skills. :P

I think with the Focus sport being such a nice car, we don't need to pretend :P. Just think, I could of ended up with a Purgeot 307cc or SportKa (which is actually quite nice, its just too femanine).

Had to laugh though. On the test drive, I had a fiesta driving up my backside with a 'ZSOC' sticker on the windscreen. Put my foot down, and he was soon a small spec in my rear view mirror. Ahhh, the satisfaction :D

• 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club