Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Mods

FIESTA_MAD

hi

want some ideas of what i should buy next for my mk7 fiestas interior .

getting a dmb gel overlay for the steering wheel

got a tax disc holder and im getting a set of mats with either a white or red outline after my ford mats i bought were for the pre 2011 fiesta :(

any other cheap stuff i can do ?

thanks.

Could always spray your interior plastics the same colour as your car(depending on the colour) have seen a frozen white fez with frozen white interior plastics and it looks the bees knees

its silver and there already silver lol so already done for me :)

buy Led 5w5 bulb for interior light, and if you want, a little bit offtopic put led bulb's on rear plates.

Can somebody help me? I'm looking at some little changes in the interior. and I find that some Fiestas has on the ventilator opener in the silver ring the silver plastic, but i have in my grey plastic, like in this picture. does somebody know where to find this grey plastic (in the red square) but in silver color?

fordfiestacentura20111.jpg

Easy, from the front side stick a flat screwdriver, and stck out the front side, then just sligthly pull the rear side of the light out. Be cautious, it's a bit tricky.

I'm not sure where you'd find the small plastic parts in a different colour, but they do easily pull off the vent and shouldn't be too hard to spray whatever colour you want.

Here's a few ideas from what I've seen from other posts. You could spray interior plastics/centre console to a different theme such as glossy black like on the Fiesta Metal or you get the pieces vinyl wrapped in something like carbon fibre effect. Does your car have interior pack? If not you could add the interior pack gear stick/handbrake and gaiters. Self adhesive carpets for rear seat backs to protect the exposed metal and looks better (if your car doesn't already have them). You can also cover some of the lower plastic parts in the foot well with the carpet, quite subtle but looks better. Foot well lighting, adding usb/bt aftermarket if you haven't already got it. Break open the secret compartment.

Check out this thread by Ben... http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/19202-ben-panther-black-mk7-zetec-s-tdci/page__hl__%20panther%20%20black%20%20project He's done a lot of interior mods and has guides.

got the usb/bt already aswell as carpet on the back seats so thats good for me :)

i have the light inside with the map reading lights so what bulbs do i need for the lights all 3 ?

The Focus ST interior light is a great investment! You'll be able to find it somewhere in bens thread, its got a black body and the red ambient lights light up the centre console, gear stick and cupholders when the sidelights/headhlights are on. really easy to fit too.

i went on to get nice white lights for the interior to match my sidelights so its the same shade when i unlock on the key and the interior and sides light up

can it be fitted without modding it as in can i just remove mines and it will fit right in ?

It will fit right in place yeah but you need to run a wire along the trim and down the pillar to wire it up to your sidelights

think i will give it a miss then and just upgrade my bulbs.

its got 3 lights in it 2 map and one normal what bulbs do i need is it just 501 bulbs ??

• 2 months later...

i once saw a kid on another forum who put a boost gauge in the circular air vent on the drivers side. looked quite decent ;) maybe an option.

FIESTA_MAD, Yeh, the interior ceiling light with the map reading lights are all 501/W5W/T10, have changed all mine to white LED's. Looks quite good in my opinion, the best bulbs IMO are the 5SMD ones. Something like this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Xenon-5-LED-SMD-Car-Side-Light-Sidelight-White-Lamp-Bulbs-T10-W5W-501-168-/270880388170?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f11bab44a Pity there in pairs really.

Having been used to the ample interior lighting of the S-Max I was a little disappointed to see that my Zetec S has just 1 bulb in the whole interior.

I can't see that being any good in the winter, so today I started the first of a series of internal lighting mods.

After searching around in my spares cupboard, I found some flexible LED strip and after removing the roof light I gave it a LED makeover.

P7192083.jpg

P7192085.jpg

It's going to be quite bright in the dark!

More mods to follow...

Having been used to the ample interior lighting of the S-Max I was a little disappointed to see that my Zetec S has just 1 bulb in the whole interior.

I can't see that being any good in the winter, so today I started the first of a series of internal lighting mods.

After searching around in my spares cupboard, I found some flexible LED strip and after removing the roof light I gave it a LED makeover.

P7192083.jpg

P7192085.jpg

It's going to be quite bright in the dark!

More mods to follow...

I want! :o

I had a go at trying to do this tuk the light out and now it wont work ther seems to be part of the switch missing its doin my head in haha

I want! :o

very nice modification their mate,

for others who would like this mod but havent got any solder in theur tool box,

then these are the next best thing to the above modification, not as bright but similar effects

multi switch unit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SuperBright-LED-5050-Interior-lights-lamp-Bulbs-Ford-Focus-2-0L-Visor-Dome-/270987767716?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f18212fa4

Single switch unit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-FOCUS-Custom-Interior-Map-Light-Conversion-26-LEDs-Festoon-Dome-2006-12-/221065358002?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item337885aab2

• 3 weeks later...

Phase 2 interior lighting complete.

Pictures in this thread:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club