Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

plumbob

Knock Back Left Corner

5 posts in this topic

I have a knock coming from the rear of the car on the passenger side, its more obvious when going over a bump and i have noticed that the tyre is worn more on the outside edge than the inner. I have taken a look and it doesn't look like anything is broken so i think it might be one of the linkages or bushes.

Whats the best place to start?

Rear bushes or suspension top mount, I had a similiar knock and it was the exhaust pipe, but no tyre wear

try taking it to get a rear tracking done as they are adjustable on the back...be aware of seized tracking bolts that go through the link arms and subframe i had to change the subframe on mine

Is there anyway to check what part it is?

i used pro tyre they done mine 4 me with no problems and after a gd 2nd hand subframe and track for 30quid was happy