Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight Misfire On Tick Over On 1.6 Tdci Zetec S

fester06

I need some advice on the problem of slight misfire on idling, the revs drop slightly and the engine appears to misfire a bit, it only usually last a few seconds, and accelarates and runs at speed fine. today however as i approached a roundabout the engine died and the steering assist and engine management lights flashed up on the dash, it came back to life almost immediately, but its worried me in case it happens again. any one any ideas?

the car is a 2006 1.6 zetec s tdci with 100k on the clock

Further update. Just had it on a fault code reader, the last one (and i think responsible for some other faults ) was egr valve frozen, anyone any ideas? It seems to be running fine at the moment, ive had the faults reset.

Have you thought about getting the alternator checked? Get a garage to check it and see what %age its running at. My last car had the exact same symptoms which lasted for about 2 months, intermittently and usually when approaching roundabouts/slowing down, until it died eventually and I had to get towed. Didn't throw up any fault codes despite being checked with 2 different diagnostic machines. Worked out that the alternator was only able to recharge the battery at speed, when idling it wasn't working hard enough and the battery was draining ntil it eventually ran out.

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone,

I have the same model, Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S 2007 and I have the same problem you had. Was the alternator the issue for the engine to breaks down? i already took it to a diagnosis test and it had found nothing.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club