#1 Affy

Affy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 1.8 Zetec
  • Year: 2011

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Has anyone fitted the alu foot pedals - they look bang tidy but the rest plate looks like it requires some drilling to fix? The other pedals are just slip over replacements I think.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,934 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Has anyone fitted the alu foot pedals - they look bang tidy but the rest plate looks like it requires some drilling to fix? The other pedals are just slip over replacements I think.

hi mate,
ive not fitted a set of these yet but i do plan to in the coming months,
the ford ones come supplied with fitting instructions and i think their may be holes already in the pedals for the aluminium pedals to bolt in to, after you remove the rubber pads, but im not 100% sure,
and i wouldnt recommend removing the rubber ones until you have the new set to put in place,
encase the rubber ones dont go back on for you easily.
hopfully someone else on here has already fitted and can advise us both.

#3 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: Audi A5 Cabriolet + Mini Cooper
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

I have these fitted as standard on my Zetec S so have not fitted myself, but they do make it look the part :)

Also I wouldn't bother with the footrest, its for looks only, serves no purpose at all as it is flat. I have some floor mats with checker plate inserts in (from halfords :P) and they cover over the footrest anyways just as any mats will, I think even the ford ones will cover it, so bare that in mind if you will be using mats.

#4 021C

021C

6'7" Focus Driver

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: Stu
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

I fitted the Ford Aluminium set to my 08 Titanium.

They are rubber backed (like the existing covers) and fit in the same way. Fairly easy to fit, but take your time and make sure they are correctly seated.

Not only to they look good, but if like me you wear leather soled shoes for work they provide much needed grip. I'm 6'7 and don't get to move my legs that much. The standard pedal covers meant I sometimes struggle to find position with my feet. After having driven a Vauxhall Insignia SRi for a couple of weeks which had sports pedals my mind was made up.

If you need any other information or pictures let me know.

Stu

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,934 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

I fitted the Ford Aluminium set to my 08 Titanium.

They are rubber backed (like the existing covers) and fit in the same way. Fairly easy to fit, but take your time and make sure they are correctly seated.

Not only to they look good, but if like me you wear leather soled shoes for work they provide much needed grip. I'm 6'7 and don't get to move my legs that much. The standard pedal covers meant I sometimes struggle to find position with my feet. After having driven a Vauxhall Insignia SRi for a couple of weeks which had sports pedals my mind was made up.

If you need any other information or pictures let me know.

Stu

cheers mate,
some pictures would be nice,
and i recommend purchasing a pair of sparco driving shoes i got a pair almost a year now and they are very comfortable,
the soles of them is grooved like a tyre and and the rear of them is curved so as they sit better in the footwell for a more comfortable drive, i thought id recommend since you said you were tall im 6ft 2 and a shoe size 12 and i find when wearing safety boots they can be very bulky on the pedals when driving, but these shoes are brilliant and look ok with jeans too lol
http://www.ebay.co.u...s&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

i have the genuine ford ones from china the rubbers come off theres no predrilled holes and these slip on in place of the rubbers and tabs are bent at the back simple had them for months and they look great IMAG0012.jpg

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336441f928

#7 021C

021C

6'7" Focus Driver

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: Stu
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Titanium

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for the link - I often have to think about what I have on my feet before I drive any distance. It makes a huge difference and when you have the seat all the way back and down + the wheel up and all the way forward, there's only so much you can do to make yourself more comfortable ;)

I'm giving the car a wet vac this weekend so will take some shots of the pedals.

Stu

#8 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hi Arthur

Like the pedals , so there is no need to drill at all , just slip on?

does the set come with the foot rest.

cheers

#9 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

i have the genuine ford ones from china the rubbers come off theres no predrilled holes and these slip on in place of the rubbers and tabs are bent at the back simple had them for months and they look great IMAG0012.jpg

heres the link these are the same one ford supply these come in the ford box with the ford part number on it and they are a lot cheaper than ford http://www.ebay.co.u...=item336441f928

they look good.
I've been tempted to get some but just money holding me back. Currently have these in my ebay watch list which also look good.

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_4589wt_1061

#10 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

no footrest but if you check the shop they do have the footrest seperate or as a kit i didnt bother as they just velcro to the carpet and seem pointless to me just remember for an mot they must have rubber on them the set above has a solid aluminium accelerator no rubber grip so they would be a fail on an mot.

#11 PaulB1803

PaulB1803

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Those look a bit of a bargain. If only i could spend some money. :(

#12 powerball

powerball

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta s1600
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

hi
I have fitted the genuine Ford pedals on took about ten minutes, the foot rest comes with a screw in raw plug x2 no need to drill anything as the raw plugs screw into the insulation under the carpet, place the rest over the raw plugs and screw in down. easy to follow instructions with the ford kit and NO drilling

#13 Marcr1

Marcr1

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'll never forget my first Fiesta. I bought a set from halfords, good old rip speed! Had to drill them onto the existing pedals! I went through 3 drill bits on my dads favourite drill. He was not happy!

But they did look nice! Luckily this time round on my fiesta they came standard! Phew :P

#14 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Really want a set of these on mine also but am torn between the two linked above! On one set I prefer the offset layout of the rubber bits, but then the other set has rubber on the acc pedal as well.

Just from the pics I was worried about lack of grip from the smooth one, especially when wet. Has anyone any experience or advice about this?

#15 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

mot states there must be rubber on all pedals i was hit with that with an old punto i drilled the pedals and fitted a similar type as the smooth ones and failed the mot as the guy stated its an acc pedal if youre foot slips its dangerous the set i bought still good months on and havent had a slip once even with my work shoes which are smooth soled

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users