Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sierra Newb

pipsierra

hello,

Got meself a good old sierra 1.6 laser , last owner has really looked after it well,,,,,,,,,

Garaged all its life and currently at 51,000 miles

ive owned a few in the distant past , and im finding this a real treat to drive around.

certainly getting a bit thin on the ground nowadays and im sure i'll have a few questions sooner or later,

hope the pics work

ta

post-33086-0-35593400-1336687431_thumb.j

post-33086-0-45396700-1336687442_thumb.j

post-33086-0-78460800-1336687451_thumb.j

Sure does look clean. Hope you enjoy it. I had several.

2.0 Ghia on a C plate, 2.8 4x4 Ghia Estate on a D plate and a 2.0 Sapphire Ghia on a G plate.

Really comfy to drive apart from the heavy clutch and soft suspention. The 4x4 shocks were OK but the first 2.0 I had to uprate them.

Looking very good for the age.

Enjoy. ^_^

Sure does look clean. Hope you enjoy it. I had several.

2.0 Ghia on a C plate, 2.8 4x4 Ghia Estate on a D plate and a 2.0 Sapphire Ghia on a G plate.

Really comfy to drive apart from the heavy clutch and soft suspention. The 4x4 shocks were OK but the first 2.0 I had to uprate them.

Yep, the suspension is soft and the clutch has quite a long travel but its not to hard on the legs,,,,,,

didn't take me long to get back into driving the old girl,

Yep, the suspension is soft and the clutch has quite a long travel but its not to hard on the legs,,,,,,

didn't take me long to get back into driving the old girl,

the car looks mint considering i was 3 years old when it was built lol

a front strut brace would make it feel alot better on corners and reduice body roll as well as under steer,

even at 20-30mph steering will feel alot more direct,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMP-BLACK-TWIN-STRUT-BRACE-SET-FORD-SIERRA-COSWORTH-/170766655413?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c27c5fb5

the car looks mint considering i was 3 years old when it was built lol

a front strut brace would make it feel alot better on corners and reduice body roll as well as under steer,

even at 20-30mph steering will feel alot more direct,

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c27c5fb5

Cheers for the link lenny, i'll keep that in mind.......does it fit all sierras then ?

Its in pretty decent nick , having had a couple of owners and almost a full service history, hardly a spot of rust anywhere , thats why it had to be mine.

Not much in the way of electrics to go wrong because there isn't any lol.. Not even power steering, so im building my arms up a bit.....no central locking, its got a old ford stereo with no cassette, so i cannot even put my duran duran tape in :ph34r: just Fm,mw,lw for listening pleasure...

Basic is the word :)

I think the cars had more tyres on it than anything else due to them perishing !

ta phil......

Cheers for the link lenny, i'll keep that in mind.......does it fit all sierras then ?

Its in pretty decent nick , having had a couple of owners and almost a full service history, hardly a spot of rust anywhere , thats why it had to be mine.

Not much in the way of electrics to go wrong because there isn't any lol.. Not even power steering, so im building my arms up a bit.....no central locking, its got a old ford stereo with no cassette, so i cannot even put my duran duran tape in :ph34r: just Fm,mw,lw for listening pleasure...

Basic is the word :)

I think the cars had more tyres on it than anything else due to them perishing !

ta phil......

no probs mate,

i persume it fits all sierra's because going by todays fords the same chassie for the zetec focus is used for the rs focus the just put wider panels to the chassie, so i assume the sierra would be the same but you could make sure by meassuring the with from the centre point of each front strut and email the seller and ask them to meassure the strut to see if the match up in width, give or take 10mm because you can catch the bolts in place then bolt it up tight.

your chassie may have flexed slightly over the years so i would expect a little varieation in the width, but it will make all the difference and keep the car rigid.

Lovely Sierra you got there. One of the very best Fords ever built. Easy DIY, spare parts every where, garages love them as easy to fix. no problems engine gearboxes good for 200k as our works staff cars easily covered and then sold of to an eager workforce who snapped them up in minutes. Mine was a lovely comfortable car to drive long distance.

Thanks dave, looks very simple under the bonnet compared to nowadays ,,,,my local garage chap wants to have a look, might let him change the plugs if his hands are clean , probably the 1st time in years he hasn't skinned his knuckles.

just a quick Q , is it the mk2 model i have ? post-33086-0-22387700-1337020674_thumb.j

Driving it is like sitting on a old comfy sofa, soooooooo comfortable :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

Yes its a mk2 :-) loads of parts on eBay.

Easy to fit another ford radio.

The Speakers are probably past it (paper cones)

See how well it scrubs with a full valet inside and out (shampoo seats etc)

scrub those wheel arches and paint the insides with hammerite (rust prevention)

the 1.6 pinto is a better engine than the 1.8 (model above)

is there any chatter from the camshaft

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club