Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Lighting

mitch84

Hi

Sorry for another lighting thread :unsure: , I would like to change my boot light and roof lights , I'm not sure what kind I would need or what type of light?

I gather most of you who change the lights inside change them to LED?

My car is a mk2.5

cheers

Tel

Hi

Sorry for another lighting thread :unsure: , I would like to change my boot light and roof lights , I'm not sure what kind I would need or what type of light?

I gather most of you who change the lights inside change them to LED?

My car is a mk2.5

cheers

Tel

hi mate,

the boot light is w5w fitment and you can fit a 46smd cluster in the boot light no problem,

and if you want a dual light in the boot you can download my guide on PDF for fitting an additional boot light,

as for fitting the interior bulbs to led,

i have changed all of the w5w ones thats the visor map lights and the map lighte that are either side of the front centre light,

but i have not changed the ones that illuminate when the doors are unlocked because they can stay on continuosly when changed to led type bulbs due to the nature of the led and its low power consumption,

and the glove box is also a w5w

thanks Lenny

I heard about the centre light somewhere else , so will leave that alone then , do you happen to have any links to where you got your lights from?

thanks

Tel

thanks for the links Lenny

By the way are these the exact lights you have , as I have some red footwell lights that are not very bright , how do you find the above?

thanks

I added some prism puddle lights from Halfords on each side of the boot. They are quite bright and only £12.99.

thanks for the links Lenny

By the way are these the exact lights you have , as I have some red footwell lights that are not very bright , how do you find the above?

thanks

Hi mate,

all of the above are exactly the same bulb types that i have in each of the fitments,

although the may not be the same suppliers that i purchased each of them from.

i find the red 5smd footwell lights bright enough mate,

dont see them during the day but the give a good spread of light in the dark.

the rear footwells ,are they custom fit?

Didn't think I had rear footwell lighting but perhaps I haven't noticed as Im never in the back!

thanks again Lenny

the rear footwells ,are they custom fit?

Didn't think I had rear footwell lighting but perhaps I haven't noticed as Im never in the back!

thanks again Lenny

hi mate,

yes the rear footwell lights are custom fit,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380146011854?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570.l2736%26_nkw%3D380146011854%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1&clk_rvr_id=341994980818&afsrc=1

ive run the cables through the centre console and spliced them in to the front footwell light loom.

then stuck the light pods to the top of the rear footwell vents with double sided sticky pads, they are quality and out of sight too.

ive still to take some night pictures though.

Image1928.jpg

Image1930.jpgImage1929.jpg

They look good :)

They look good :)

thanks mate,

took a few weeks to arrive from houston texas U.S.A

but they were less than £10 including delivery and 100% worth it IMO.

for red click link below

http://www.ebay.co.u...4980818&afsrc=1

for white click link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-White-Motorcycle-Indicator-Accent-Pod-Light-3-LED-/251047752486?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a739cb326

here is close to a night shot.

i plan to clean inside the car tomorrow lol

and i also have a 3 smd strip illuminating the rear pocket in the centre console, just so you know that its not the rear footwell lights that are illuminating it.

Image1935.jpg

Looks good Lenny what did you fix them too on the seat?

Looks good Lenny what did you fix them too on the seat?

thanks mate,

i used some double sided sticky pads and stuck them to the top centre of the blowers that are under the seats.

then fished the cable under the carpet in to the centre console and spliced them in to the drivers side footwell loom,

the cable that came with them was almost long enough to reach the front footwell loom, i was just five inches short of reaching the front loom.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Im finding it really hard to get the the centre reading bulbs out , it says turn anti-clockwise but they go so far but they will not pull out.

they are housed in a black socket that must be removed to get to the bulb.

Can anyone give me some advice who has removed them?

thanks

They do pull out but you sometimes find that the copper tracks on the light module hook onto the bulb carrier.

A bit of jiggling will help.

How do the map light bulbs fit are they a straight swap I mean the ones in this link

http://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_2146wt_922

i have these fitted in my map light units too mate,

remove the light unit and twist the black socket on the top of the unit by half a turn and they will come out on the socket,

put the new led unit in and see if it works, if it doesnt then remove the led unit and rotate it 180degrees and put it in again, it will work the second time,

because they are led's the are fixed pollarity and only illuminate when the current is running in a fixed direction, they are a wedge fitting and just push straight in to place and the light from them is fantastic.

So I don't need to alter any wiring or anything how many do I need two

They do pull out but you sometimes find that the copper tracks on the light module hook onto the bulb carrier.

A bit of jiggling will help.

thanks , I will give it another try soon.

So do these just replace he existing ones no messing involvrd

So do these just replace he existing ones no messing involvrd

yes they are a direct replacment mate, no wiring or anything just change the bulbs and these bulbs will light up the hole passenger side or drivers side of the car they are very bright.

and you will need two for the centre unit but if you want to fit them to the lights under the visors too then you will need to buy two sets,

a total of 4 units.

How do I fit them under the visors

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club