AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Raptor

My Lovely Mondeo Is Humming(57 Plate Tdci)

4 posts in this topic

Gents, please help. I was driving back from town today and my lovely quite running Mondeo started to hum from the rear... Its sounds like bearings to me. The car has done 60.000 miles. It is so quite as a rule. I have checked for play in the rear wheels and any grinding noises. All OK, could it still be bearings if none of these signs are evident? If I have to change them do you buy them as a complete hub assembly or just the bearings... I have had no trouble from this car in the two years i have had it. I did change the rear pads about 2 weeks ago and I did have to hit the rear calipers to try and free them a little. But like I said it has run perfect....

I hope someone can help???

Could be something to do with the rear brakes are they binding a bit, allways worth checking on the last job you did when a new fault in the same area happens

I know what your saying. They are as free as a bird. No probs there. I know all the moves with this car, and if they were sticking a little bit i would know.