Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Program New Remote Key For Mk2 Ka

bart67

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help or point me in the right direction.

I am planning on getting a new spare key for a 2010 KA Zetec and wanted to know if someone has instructions for coding a new key.

I did this before to a Focus i had, used old key(s) in a certain sequence then put in new key an hey presto all coded and working.

I currently have 2 working keys but only 1 of them with the remote. I want to get a new remote key cut but suspect main dealer will charge a fortune to program, so want to perform this piece myself if possible. Any instructions out there on how to do this for the new KA ?

Thanks for any help folks.

• 4 years later...

• 1 month later...

I asked as I not finding anything about mk2 Ka keys plus if they like the fiat keys they require part programming prior to leaving Italy via dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Just like a fiat as it is fiat keys and modules. You will need the code that came with the car also. On a card is 2codes. The dealer needs the code and diagnostics software to pair the key to module. Dealers have problems sometimes getting them coded in.

• 2 weeks later...

Keys are not cheap for these, as iantt says code is required its on a blue credit card size card. A auto locksmith can program this in for you

• 8 months later...

Did you ever get this done and could you tell me where and how much it cost?