Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello & Steering Wheel Question

liameen

Hello All,

Just found this great site and joined up today. I have a question regarding a Steering wheel upgrade an would appreciate some advice.

Is is possible to upgrade the standard 4 spoke steering wheel on my 2010 Focus Style to a nice 3 Spoke ST or RS Steering wheel.

Have seen one complete with airbag and would love to bin my huge existing wheel.

I will post some pics of my car now that I have some like minded friends (wife is sick of me!!!)

Mods so far....zetec S style lower grille and lower front spoiler. replaced chrome strip on bonnet with black painted piece.

Light Tints on rear windows and hatchback.

S badge on tailgate, ST scuff plates, RS floor mats, ST gearknob.

Steering wheel is my next project so would appreciate help guys!!!

Hi welcome :)

Hi, there are some wheels available through eBay and also a company selling carbon effect wheel trims with ST markings in various colours.

Just search for ford focus carbon and you'll spot them.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Just found this great site and joined up today. I have a question regarding a Steering wheel upgrade an would appreciate some advice.

Is is possible to upgrade the standard 4 spoke steering wheel on my 2010 Focus Style to a nice 3 Spoke ST or RS Steering wheel.

Have seen one complete with airbag and would love to bin my huge existing wheel.

I will post some pics of my car now that I have some like minded friends (wife is sick of me!!!)

Mods so far....zetec S style lower grille and lower front spoiler. replaced chrome strip on bonnet with black painted piece.

Light Tints on rear windows and hatchback.

S Badge on tailgate, ST scuff plates, RS floor mats, ST gearknob.

Steering wheel is my next project so would appreciate help guys!!!

Welcome to the forum Liam my missus hates me too lol and their are many others on here in the same position.

It is 100% possible to change the steering wheel to a 3 spoke one,

But when removing the wheel, remove the centre nut completely, then put it back on the bot by half a turn,

this way when you pull the steering wheel out it won’t hit you in the face like it did with me on my last car lol burst my top lip open pulling the steering wheel off of the bolt,

It wouldn’t have happened had I put the nut on half a turn before pulling it.

the only down fall of fitting the 3 spoke wheel is you won’t be able to upgrade to cruise control because the controls are designed for the 4 spoke wheel, but if you are not interested in fitting cruise control to your focus then there are no disadvantages to fitting a 3 spoke wheel.

Welcome Liam, Yeah please do upload some pictures soon enough, I'm very much in the process of getting rid of my chrome lip on the bonnet and well id love see what the black looks like.

Im hoping your cars not black or white? to give me some sort of idea.

Mods sound subtle and nice, Look forward to seeing the next project mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the welcome lads.

Will try and upload some pics today or 2 morrow. Dont know why its not working. Possibly the wireless broadband at home is p**s poor!!! Will try from work or as a last resort I might be cheeky and e-mail Lenny :) the pics.

Thanks for the advice on the wheel Lenny - have since got a really nice 3 spoke RS leather wheel with blue stitching. The transformation to the cabin is great. Will prob have to change the ST door sills to RS ones now :angry:

My car is black Patrick, sorry , but I think you will be very please if you bin the chrome lip - it makes the car look lower and wider. Cheap and easy upgrade too!!

SInce my initial post I have also upgraded the silver centre console around the radio with a carbon console, carbon ashtray and carbon button bank - all from a Focus ST and cheapish on the bay!!

Next upgrade is the rear focus zetec s diffuser and the clear reverse lamp.

Now back to this pics....really want to show off my motor!!!!!

post-33257-0-25995800-1341159186_thumb.j

Tried one picture...if this works will upload the rest later

post-33257-0-25995800-1341159186_thumb.j

Tried one picture...if this works will upload the rest laterpost-33257-0-25995800-1341159186_thumb.j

Picture worked, Where were you off may i ask with being on the Ferry?

Also whats the white thing in your upper grille? It may be something from camera like flash or reflection.

Was on the Ferry you're right Paddy!!! Well spotted. Brought me ole man over to Wales for a few days to see some Steam Trains. We went to LLangollen and Blaenau Ffestiniog Railway. Stayed in Betys-y-Coed. Gorgeous part of the world.

The white on the upper grille is just the flash and bad camera work!!

Have loaded up a few pics below that might give you a better idea how the color coded grille works

post-33257-0-50761800-1341222907_thumb.j

post-33257-0-08439000-1341222955_thumb.j

.....another one

post-33257-0-86242400-1341223238_thumb.j

well....started this post with questions on my steering wheel upgrade.....

this was it before the upgrade. granted it didnt look too bad... i covered it with a leather cover from mr steering and some carbon stick ons.

post-33257-0-99119800-1341223736_thumb.j

I just found it a bit too big and prefer 3 spokes anyhow

post-33257-0-91496200-1341223815_thumb.j

now have this in my sweaty little hands :D !!!!

post-33257-0-27896800-1341223979_thumb.j

lads,

should i continue posting pics etc here in the new members section or should I post in the Focus club?

Would like to upload more pics of the mods to the focus and get some general advice / suggestions.

Thanks!!

This is what I used to drive 2 years ago

post-33257-0-69758600-1341225961_thumb.j

It was my BMW 318is coupe. I had him ( I called him Benny...the beemer...ok its sad i know) for years.

Anyways, I sent poor ole Benny to his eternal reward. We were about a year married and herself was expected our first (coupes not great for child seats) and I knew the odds were stacked against the beemer.

It was costing a fortune to run, tax insurance petrol (unreal) and suspension bits were constantly going.

so... i decided to get a brand new car (my first new car ever) under the Irish Scappage Scheme. Know the local Ford Dealer and in Fairness he gave me a very cheap new car. I just hated the focus for about a year, but inspite of it, its charms grew on me. Then I saw i few tasty Foci around and slowly with the help of eBay and this site the pain has eased :D .

DSCN1590.jpg

might have it figured out now :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club