Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Inner Door Panel Removal?

1963paul

Hi all, I need to change the drivers door window regulator,( the wire snapped last night). I have removed the the outer door panel, but I cant seem to remove the inner one. I have removed all the 10m bolts, approx 8 of those all round the edge, the panel is lose, but its still "hooked up" on something behind. There are 2 large rubber bungs, which when removed, you can see some sort of metal rail running from top to bottom (window guide)?, and they seem to be moving with the door panel, I cant see how to un-attach them. The car is a "53" reg 3 door 1.4 "BLACK" mk 5/6.

Paul.

Assuming it's similar to the current model, you have to wind down the window part way. You'll see the bolts attaching the glass to the guides come into view through the two "bung holes". You'll need to get someone to hold the glass when you undo the bolts. You need to remove the outer rubber trim and then you can lift the glass out. Once it's free of the guides you can remove the inner panel (the guides are fixed to the panel).

Thanks for the quick reply Antony...yes, that would make sence, I tried evrything, except winding the window down!

Paul.

Well, I fitted the window winder repair kit, all ok till this morning, when it didnt sound too good, and stopped half way down. Managed to push the window back up, but it sounds like the wire has come adrift from the pully (it sounds like the wire is snagging), has anybody fitted these repair kits from e-bay, and has there been problems?, or is it just me?