Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jgriff

Bumper Question

10 posts in this topic

Had a bit of a mishap this evenin where i reversed into a metal bollard and put a crease in the bumper and a dent in the bootlid.

I know i can get the dent pulled and prob need a respray but can a crease in plastic be cured or is it a new bumper job?

Depends how bad it is can you put up a pic to show us what it is like?

Im in the process of uploading them to photobucket atm

Good man, at least then we can all see how bad it is, with some denta depending in the crease a hairdryer would help pop it back out :)

Yea but unless i can get it perfect im never gonna be happy. Im a bit ocd that way lol

Im as bad a you are with things like that but i had a crease on the bumper of my last car and car took me a while with hairsryer but came out like it never happened, as i said depends on the crease tho mate :-)

Ok heres a few pics of the damage, it was hard to get a decent pic of it but hopefully youll get the idea

20120516_211334.jpg

20120516_211306.jpg

20120516_211408.jpg

Thats not too bad mate, take off the bumper when ur doin it or try get ur hand in behind as ur heating it, sometimes itl pop without pressn but u may need to press. Ull havta wash the car first tho mate lol ;)

i know what ill be spending saturday at lol

Ya just be sure not to make it to hot either alot of care needed, hope it works mate :-)