Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Drl Fitting Guide!

Wilko-S1600

• 4 months later...

I just bought these DRL + foglights and got them protected with Lamin-X (camera makes them darker than they really are). I'm going to post more pics when i mount them.

photogrid1365928137402.jpg

So any update on these being fitted?

Also where did you get them from please?

Thanks

anyone else fitted these??? i am keen to get these done, can you still use your fog lights and the DRLS around the fog surrounds aswell??

how did you wire your fog in as i dont have the switch for my fogs

• 1 month later...

anyone else fitted these??? i am keen to get these done, can you still use your fog lights and the DRLS around the fog surrounds aswell??

how did you wire your fog in as i dont have the switch for my fogs

Wouldn't you have to change your whole front bumper to allow for the fog lights?

If you want to do it properly you need the fog bumper not the vented bumper BUT there is a retro fog kit on eBay which i have bought if you want to have them as fogs you will need a new wiring loom from ford which costs loads plus a new light switch, or you can write the fogs as drls with a relay but then you carnt add this halo ring as it would look funny i asked ford how much to do everything for the fogs and quote £900+ so not worth it when i can get a kit for £40 its up to you how much you want to spend but yes if you get the fogs done properly yes you can use the fogs and the drls around the surround at the same time or one at a time if you get me.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have a question! My fiesta mk7 which is coming this week has a original DRL system ( I don't even know how they look). Anyways I can pretty much get these LED strips and steal the supply from the originals DRL's wire? My car has this AUTO sensor thingy so during day time theres DRL and when it gets dark it puts the headlights on itself. Am I right?

Also you said first that you bought led strips where did those go? If I understood correctly you ended up putting the "led rings" inside the plastic "halo" cover? Got me confused what did you do with the strips?

Also  you said first that you bought led strips where did those go? If I understood correctly you ended up putting the "led rings" inside the plastic "halo" cover? Got me confused what  did you do with the strips?

Epu, first he put the strips on but they looked abit tatty and converted his fogs with the halo rings and it looks a lot better! You can steal the pos supy from your drls you have on the car but you need to find the correct wire, if it is the new shape fiesta the drls are in the light housings which mean they are connected to the main wiring loom, and you will need a wiring diagram to work out which one is the pos feed to the lights if you have the mk7 2008-2012 fiesta then the drls are a separate unit in the bumper and the pos and need cables are easily to find as they as the only two not in a wiring loom just on their own i believe. Hope this helps

Epu, first he put the strips on but they looked abit tatty and converted his fogs with the halo rings and it looks a lot better! You can steal the pos supy from your drls you have on the car but you need to find the correct wire, if it is the new shape fiesta the drls are in the light housings which mean they are connected to the main wiring loom, and you will need a wiring diagram to work out which one is the pos feed to the lights if you have the mk7 2008-2012 fiesta then the drls are a separate unit in the bumper and the pos and need cables are easily to find as they as the only two not in a wiring loom just on their own i believe. Hope this helps

Ah okey :D That helped a lot thanks. Haven't used english in a long while so couldn't make out what happened to the strips :D. Some adjectives just make me confused and in this case "tatty" didn't really know what it meant.

It didnt look very nice abit odd like it was cheap and nasty

• 1 month later...

Really want to do this, looks so good. Only thing is I would rather have them on all the time. I mainly drive when It's dark so I would want them on with my dipped beam aswell? Where could I wire them into? The ignition fuse/switch???

Hi!

I have a question! My fiesta mk7 which is coming this week has a original DRL system ( I don't even know how they look). Anyways I can pretty much get these LED strips and steal the supply from the originals DRL's wire? My car has this AUTO sensor thingy so during day time theres DRL and when it gets dark it puts the headlights on itself. Am I right?

M4RC. It depends on the type of relay you get. I have a similar criteria to you and managed to find a relay on eBay that had the following features -

- daytime running lights

- dims by 30% when dipped headlight is on

- stays on for 25 seconds after turning off the engine

This seemed perfect for me so I ordered it and it arrived today :D Hope to wire it up some time soon but all the other parts are pretty much the same as the guides. You might find this link handy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191016560305

Only thing is its a cheap relay and I just hope it lasts!

M4RC. It depends on the type of relay you get. I have a similar criteria to you and managed to find a relay on eBay that had the following features -

- daytime running lights

- dims by 30% when dipped headlight is on

- stays on for 25 seconds after turning off the engine

This seemed perfect for me so I ordered it and it arrived today :D Hope to wire it up some time soon but all the other parts are pretty much the same as the guides. You might find this link handy - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191016560305

Only thing is its a cheap relay and I just hope it lasts!

Just what I need :). What LEDs did you get?

Just what I need :). What LEDs did you get?

:) I got these ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330778415158 70mm white

I have tested them and they are really bright but be careful cause the wires are a bit flimsy. I actually cut the ends of that relay and re-souldered them on to the back of the LED unit and then crimped bullet connectors on either side so I can disconnect the LEDs from the relay if I need to.

:) I got these ones - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330778415158 70mm white

I have tested them and they are really bright but be careful cause the wires are a bit flimsy. I actually cut the ends of that relay and re-souldered them on to the back of the LED unit and then crimped bullet connectors on either side so I can disconnect the LEDs from the relay if I need to.

I'll get them ones to :). In that case I'll probably do the same, still got bullets from my footwell lights.

If I use these daytime running lights will I have to tell my insurance company?

If I use these daytime running lights will I have to tell my insurance company?

Foot well lighting has to be my next project! How did you wire it up, through the roof interior light?

I would recommend telling them but it shouldn't have any impact on your insurance, if anything it will go down as its considered a security feature - but then again it is aftermarket! I had a look on gocompare and there was no category to declare DRLs or anything but I will give my insurer a call about a few recent minor changes just in case.

Foot well lighting has to be my next project! How did you wire it up, through the roof interior light?

I would recommend telling them but it shouldn't have any impact on your insurance, if anything it will go down as its considered a security feature - but then again it is aftermarket! I had a look on gocompare and there was no category to declare DRLs or anything but I will give my insurer a call about a few recent minor changes just in case.

Yea, through the interior light. It's pretty easy to be honest. I've also wired puddle lights. It works in well as they only come on when you unlock the car or open the doors. Also you can also turn them all off from the interior light . If you have a look on my fiesta thread you can see a pic (can't post it for some reason)

Aww okay, I'll probably phone them up just to see :)

What size of ring should I get? Can you put these on the inside of the fog? Think they would look bad on the outside

What size of ring should I get? Can you put these on the inside of the fog? Think they would look bad on the outside

7mm would be best. You may be able to get them behind the glass but I haven't installed yet so havent been able to try - I would be surprised to be honest. Thats why it's best to wrap those SMD rings with some kind of plastic tubing - I have bought a BMW angel eye kit and will use that tubing to wrap my SMDs.

To put the LEDs inside the fog light you need to bake in an oven at 180'c for 10mins to get the silicon sealant to heat up and separate allowing the glass to come away meaning you can get inside the fog, but if i was you and id rather not damage the glass so fit it on the outside, and drls wise i was to by a local mot testing station and a friend in the force, drls have to turn off when the dips are on and turn on when the ignition is on not the engine, Turning off there aint a rule for, so be carful with the relay you get, i have had mine for like 6months solid as and hasn't got a thing wrong with it and only paid £5 so a great deal.

To put the LEDs inside the fog light you need to bake in an oven at 180'c for 10mins to get the silicon sealant to heat up and separate allowing the glass to come away meaning you can get inside the fog, but if i was you and id rather not damage the glass so fit it on the outside, and drls wise i was to by a local mot testing station and a friend in the force, drls have to turn off when the dips are on and turn on when the ignition is on not the engine, Turning off there aint a rule for, so be carful with the relay you get, i have had mine for like 6months solid as and hasn't got a thing wrong with it and only paid £5 so a great deal.

Think I'll leave them on the outside then haha. I'll just bullet crimp them and unplug them when I get an mot? If I have them turned off when the dipped beams on its pointless doing it tbh as I mainly drive at night

Thats what i did spade connections so they can be pulled out come mot time easy as :) get some pics up when you've done it?

Think I'll leave them on the outside then haha. I'll just bullet crimp them and unplug them when I get an mot? If I have them turned off when the dipped beams on its pointless doing it tbh as I mainly drive at night

So why do you need to disconnect them for your MOT? If you really need to your best bet would be to disconnect the fuse - nice and quick! I fitted the relay today and really pleased with it. Red cable with fuse to positive, black cable to earth behind the fuse box and have joined the white wire with the left hand side headlight wire. Don't bother connecting the sidelight wires on the relay - not even sure what they do! I tested the voltages in the bullet connectors and working really nice.

I haven't connected the LEDs just yet because it seems like its gonna be a pain to get the fog lamps off - the right hand fog lamp looks like I have to get under the car to remove the washer fluid bottle to get to the bottom screw? Also, one of my LED rings wire has disconnected because it's too thin and flimsy so will resoulder some new wire on when I'm back home.

I have run the longest wire underneath the plastics along the front of the car past the bonnet latch and its hidden perfectly and comes out right next to the fog lamp assembly so plenty of room with that relay I linked you to.

TO remove fog lights just take the headlamps out and go in from above.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club