Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, Newbie Fiesta Zetec-S Question Mk6

Llew86

Hello all :)

I've owned my fiesta 2008 zetec-s in sea grey metallic for 5 months and would just like some advice:

1) I'm looking for colour coded door handles as the horrid grey plastic ones are fading, I can't find these anywhere. I don't mind if I have to buy them primed and spray them myself. So far i've only found the de-lock bezels.

2) I'd like to replace the 2 x front grilles with mesh ones. However i'm stuck on which finish to go for, chrome or black. Also is it best to but the mesh and cut it myself or buy the ready made grilles? If anyone has pics of any finished examples i'd appreciate it.

I've started to smarten my zetec-s up slowly, so far i've only done the colour coded mirrors and replacement badges but it's a work im progress. Any other ideas appreciated, i'd rather any mods not affect my car insurance :) The pic below was just after I bought the car. Cheers in advance

post-29397-0-33752000-1337418515_thumb.j

Welcome fellow mk6 zS owner! :)

If you find the plastics seem to be fading give them a good scrub and (may sound odd) use some smooth peanut butter with a microfiber cloth. I've done this with the plastics on mine and it really does work a treat!

If you're thinking on changing the handles etc have you tried looking on http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_parts/ford_fiesta_mk6_parts_114/ and http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk/fiesta.html ? Have a good look on them especially the team torque steer site as they've usually got some good mods, e.g. the smooth rear wiper. May not seem like anything big but after seeing the pictures it looks a hell of alot better than the original! Been thinking about getting it myself.

Hello all :)

I've owned my fiesta 2008 zetec-s in sea grey metallic for 5 months and would just like some advice:

1) I'm looking for colour coded door handles as the horrid grey plastic ones are fading, I can't find these anywhere. I don't mind if I have to buy them primed and spray them myself. So far i've only found the de-lock bezels.

2) I'd like to replace the 2 x front grilles with mesh ones. However i'm stuck on which finish to go for, chrome or black. Also is it best to but the mesh and cut it myself or buy the ready made grilles? If anyone has pics of any finished examples i'd appreciate it.

I've started to smarten my zetec-s up slowly, so far i've only done the colour coded mirrors and replacement badges but it's a work im progress. Any other ideas appreciated, i'd rather any mods not affect my car insurance :) The pic below was just after I bought the car. Cheers in advance

Hi,

If at any stage you need an insurance quote feel free to give us a try if you like. We have many special schemes for modified cars and remember club members can receive up to a 15% discount.

Regards,

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for that advice Ashleigh. It does sound odd but I will give it a try! Yes i've discovered the team torquesteer website, i've lots of things on my list including that rear wiper mod. They don't do the colour coded door handles any more though, so i'm going to buy primed ones and spray them myself I think. Cheers for the links :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club