tombsie89

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: christopher
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

hello all

iv had my 2009 fiesta zetec.. lowered wif backbox and the wheels sprayed. im wondereing if i need to ring insurance up or not? im mean the wheels sprayed wont and im sure the backbox wont only as its surley the same if i replace orginal with a new one.. just a little louder :) m m

many thanks chris

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,194 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Any modification to the standard car should be declared - they will only use it as an excuse not to pay out should you need to make a claim.

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 7,462 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I would recommend you declare all modifications mate,
in some cases for example fitting DRL's can reduice your insurance due to the increase of safety on the roads.
but the back box may affect your policy slightly. but as Stef says its better to have told them because if you have an accident weather it be your fault or not.
for example if someone rear ends you tomorrow and you havent declared your mods, your insurance may pay out for the dammage but the person that hit you in the rear,
their insurance may not pay your insurance company due to your car having modifications that were not declared to your insurer and in some cases class you as having no insurance.

i have declared all of my mods and to date it has made no difference at all.
but im due to declare it as a zetec s replica on monday so that may increase my insurance due to the car becoming more sexually appealing to the scoby's in the Burberry caps

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users