Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 1Ltr Focus Test Drive & Tempted !!!

Wickwick10_1

Chris, whilst we are on the subject, how has your dalliance with the 1.6 Ecoboost panned out? Did I read somewhere that your minded to go back to a Mondi on your next change.................is it a more space issue or something else?

Oh and how did your meeting regards your employment go? All well I hope.

Catch

Hi, the 1.6 ecoboost is just getting better and better and now I am returning 38mpg around town, and with Superchips doing a Bluefin at £365 I am very tempted to go for it. No its not about space but when it comes to replacing the Focus in three years they'll be loads of 'em on the road. So if I go for the Mk5 Mondeo then it would be less common. Guess I'm a bit of a snob :)

My meeting went beyond expectations and now I can return to work on a phased return :D Thank you for asking...

Chris

Glad to hear it Chris :)

As for you Jeeb, all I'm going to say is ..................pay attention at the back please :P

Wish I could afford a new motor, would be strongly tempted by the sounds of things, however I have to ask this...

How can a 1 litre car, be that fuel efficient? what sort of gearbox have you got in it, and what sort of revs are you doing at around 70-80 mph? is it a 6/7 speed to make it that efficient?

How do they get away without fitting a DPF to it though? I thought that the eurocack still had to be on all diesels?

The 1.0 Ecoboost is a Petrol !!

I was really sceptical about the 1.0 in the Focus but by the sounds of things, it's as lively as you'd expect from any Ford! I drive past a Ford dealer everyday to and from work and am very tempted to go and drive one... if it's as good as mentioned above, I may wish that I'd held on before going for the diesel. I hadn't really considered reliability but then, the diesels are known for having DPF issues anyway so I guess it all depends on what you want from a car, how you drive it and how long you'll be keeping it.

I was really sceptical about the 1.0 in the Focus but by the sounds of things, it's as lively as you'd expect from any Ford! I drive past a Ford dealer everyday to and from work and am very tempted to go and drive one...

Do it. I too was very skeptical, even with the good reports from reviewers, but let's face it; more often than not, a review doesn't reflect the real world opinions all that often. I will admit it was the reviews that swayed me to take the chance and order it blind, but I sat here for an entire month thinking on and off that maybe I'd made a mistake. By the time it arrived I'd convinced myself that as long as it was better for MPG than the 99bhp 1.6 I had previously and was comparable in performance I would be ok with it. If it equaled the 1.6 125bhp I test drove and ordered originally, I'd be very happy. As it turns out the reviewers were right and it's much much better then both of those engines. I'm over the moon with it, it's a lot lot more than I expected and hoped for.

I mean let's face it, turbo or not, 1.0 makes you think of old Fiesta's from the 80's/90's that were the staple of many a first time driver, and cars have gotten way heavier/bigger since then with all the new safety features/guidelines, especially the Focus. Drop a cylinder as well and were talking Toyota Aygo's with there 15sec 0-60 in a tiny little town car. But it works, this little 1.0 3 cylinder is really really good. I've yet to feel it struggle at all. I need to do more miles before I can definitively state what sort of MPG I'm getting but around town I used to get 28-32mpg from my 99bhp 1.6 Focus Hatchback. So far I'm getting about 40-42 around town which I'm very happy with. And it's so nice to be able to put my foot down when I need to. I'm no longer sitting at uphill junctions even though there is a large gap in the traffic, or getting stuck behind someone doing 25-30 in a 40 zone with a long line of traffic behind me for fear I won't make it past them even though oncoming traffic is far into the distance. I forget what Ford state the 0-60 time is for this 1.0 125 Focus, something like 11 seconds? I've no doubt of that. 70 in 6th gear isn't even 3000 rpm, it just glides silently down the motorway. I can't wait to take it on a proper long run.

lol, sorry 'teach' its all talk about girls, drunk and rock 'n' roll gadgets back here!!

I wonder how long it will be before they release a 1.0 diesel variant though, I wonder if its even possible :P lol

Hi, very doubful as I think there is a general move away from diesels because of the expense to run...

Chris

lol, sorry 'teach' its all talk about girls, drunk and rock 'n' roll gadgets back here!!

You need to lay off the wacky-backy, all that talk about Rock 'n' Roll. and Girls. :D

I wonder how long it will be before they release a 1.0 diesel variant though, I wonder if its even possible :P lol

Being a Kia man yourself, have you any experience of the 1.1 diesel Rio that's supposed to do 88mpg ?? Smaller engined diesels are already out there..................................

or even go faster than 88mph

Jamie

or even go faster than 88mph

Jamie

LOL, downhill with a strong tailwind, but then I'd be concerned that something would fall off...

Chris

If you look at the Kia Ceed, it rivals the Focus in performance and spec, it retails at a lower price and also has a 7 year warranty; I wouldn't knock it, on the other hand I am not yet ready to desert Ford. :)

right on all points Stormin,

Just when I was considering looking at another motor other than the Ford Focus [ by that I mean actually test driving the newer Ceed next time around ] They Ford pull the 1.0 Ecoboost out of the bag. So now I'm just waiting for the two year real world evaluation to be done , and the price to halve in relation to the list price :rolleyes:

I'm astounded by some of these young guns who apparently are prepared to change their new motors as often as I change my underpants :D

The list price [even reduced by any promo discounts] compared to PX values at trade in make the latent accountant in me......................... eyes bleed :blink:

lol, well I know that the 1.1 on the Rio is a good little efficient engine, but it lacks power and personality, so I wouldnt have bought it. I just think that a 1.0 litre diesel engine without DPF would never be thought about by Ford,l but if you can get diesel performance out of a tiny petrol, then whats the point in thinking diesel?

As for the wacky backy... I seem to be high on stress at the moment... lol

Being a Kia man, I am over the moon with my Cee'd, however, I am looking at the possibility of needing to upsize a little, and may end up moving to the SW version, dont think I will be getting a new Cee'd anytime soon, but between the Cee'd and the new Focus, I am torn! for the first time in a long time, the sight of the new Focus and the comments have made me wonder if perhaps Ford may have ruled out all the problems that have lived from MK1 to MK2.5, and if they had, I think I would happily return to Ford. But I cant help but think Ford is still a poorly trained pooch, it doesnt matter how many times you clean up after it, and no matter how often you try to teach it, it still seems to !Removed! all over the carpet... and years later, your still pooper scoopin your persian rugs... I just dont know if Ford have been fully house trained, only time will tell with MK3 Foci, and I look forward to being proven wrong.

I still think that the Cee'd is a good little motor, its a shame that its market price has soared compared to my Mk1.5 but I think the new one has a LOT to offer, even with a good engine though, they havent been able to pull out a 1.0 turbo petrol, but then again, I look forward to its arrival to see what they really have done with it.

Part of me dismay's though, I think Kia have jumped far too quickly up the ladder, and have started charging top level prices, and wonder if they are punching above there weight, but hey... lets see what the future holds! lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club